Cancelled Hen Night

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 10, 2010.

1. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Today .. I lost it .. [​IMG] my mum actually rang me to make sure I was ok as she was worried about my mental state given the email and messages I'd sent out [​IMG]

With the stress from the wedding and finances.. the insincerity of people, down right rudeness of people and cheek of people.. all of whom are family or I count as family ... I cancelled my hen night.

I actually feel ridiculously relieved .. one less thing to pay for that I don't want or need.

My only guilty feelings are that my MoH who is... or was... organising it for me is on holiday for the next week and a bit ... she's not going to be happy when she comes back.

However... I DON"T WANT A HEN NIGHT!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrs T2B (Kel)

juliak

Good on you Kel!
    It must have been difficult but if you're not worried about whether or not you have a hen night and it was causing you so much stress and unhappiness I think it was the best thing to do. There is going to be so much stress involved in other aspects of your big day that I don't blame you for cutting yourself some slack! And, as you say, it's going to save you some money that can go towards something that you really want! I think your MOH will totally understand and it means one less thing that she has to stress about! Go girl!
    Ju xxx

juliak, Jun 10, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrs T2B (Kel)

poppleminster

I'm so proud of you! Dead impressed at you being so brave. I reckon you should come on here and natter to us lot instead LOL. Well done you and I hope you are ok xxx

poppleminster, Jun 10, 2010
  4. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrsg2b2011

Well done hun. So gld you have cancelled aomething that would just caused you endless amounts of stress & financial hardship!!! I know your MOH may be upset at 1st but I am sure she will come round when she realises how happy you are now. Could you maybe have a night out with her instead? xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 10, 2010
  5. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Becky

Who says we need a hen night anyway? Good for you for making the decision! :)

Becky, Jun 10, 2010
  6. Mrs T2B (Kel)

MrsBoucher2B2012

You go girl. I dont want a huge fuss either so i dont blame you for snapping and cancelling your hen night, it is supposed to be for you and if you wont have a good time i dont see the point in putting yourself through the stress. Stress is very very bad it makes me eat chocolate which in turn means i wont fit in my dress also very very bad.

Big hugs and im sure your MOH will understand.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 10, 2010
  7. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Frogbitch

Good for you!

Frogbitch, Jun 10, 2010
  8. Mrs T2B (Kel)

MrsMay2011

You've definitely done the right thing if you're relieved. If your hen night is causing worry and stress rather than excitement then, absolutely, jib it!

Good suggestion by mrsg2b, go to a nice cocktail bar (or wherever) with just your MoH and have a night off from worrying about the insincere, rude and cheeky people.
    Although she might be disappointed at first, once she realises how much stress it was causing you, and that it being cancelled is a weight off your shoulders shes sure to understand!

MrsMay2011, Jun 10, 2010
  9. Mrs T2B (Kel)

juliak

I agree Mrsg2b! Perhaps your MOH and yourself could go for a meal and a couple of cocktails, or the cinema and drinks, or go and have a beauty treatment done together somewhere, even a picnic would be nice, weather permitting!

juliak, Jun 10, 2010
  10. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

thanks ladies [​IMG]
    am still feeling good about it, and emailed my MoH on holiday .. I know I'm mental.. and she's replied and said .. whatever YOU want, don't get stressed, we'll have a fab pamper night and an excellent wedding-eve.

I'm stopping at my mum's house the night before the wedding.. so my mum, MoH and brother (big queen :rolleyes: ) will be there.. so we have booked in champagne, chocolate, sex in the city film and excellent giggles [​IMG] can't wait!!

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 12, 2010
  11. Mrs T2B (Kel)

poppleminster

Awesome! I'm really glad for you :rolleyes:

poppleminster, Jun 12, 2010
  12. Mrs T2B (Kel)

ilovepink1984

Sounds perfect, I'd like to do that too! Maybe I'll give my sister some not so subtle hints. Glad you spoke out, I'll def try and find the courage to do the same if mine gets out of hand :) xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 12, 2010
  13. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrsg2b2011

Aaah Kel that sounds amazing!!! That is exactly the sort of night I would love!!! Well done for standing your ground & I am so pleased your MOH understood she is a true friend :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  14. Mrs T2B (Kel)

juliak

Ah, I knew your MOH wouldn't mind at all. Your alternative evening sounds fantastic, and I think you'll have a wicked time! Good for you! It might sound silly but you even come across as much happier and chilled through your post!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  15. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrsg2b2011

Yes I thought that too Julia!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  16. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel)

oh most definitely ladies :)

looking forward to my pamper night .. which is the thursday before the wedding.. and then the night before with my mum moh and brother.. my other BM (long term friend of 20 years) is going to come down too that evening from yorkshire.. so she's going to come over for the night ... she might be able to stay but she'd either have to sleep on the floor or top'n'tail with me!

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 18, 2010
  17. Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrsg2b2011

Haha top & tail it will be like being a little girl again!!! :lol: xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question