Cake

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by SeptemberBride, Jul 18, 2011.

1. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Hi ladies,

Whats everyone having for their cake??

I found one on Marks and Spencers which I LOVED, My link but wanted something a bit different. Our theme is cream roses and I have just found this place which is local, we are now having this cake, 1 big tier on bottom, then a smaller one on legs so you get the full effect, and all in cream. Am SOOOOO excited now My link

What do you think??

xx

SeptemberBride, Jul 18, 2011
    SeptemberBride likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. SeptemberBride

Becky

We had a pile of Krispy Kreme donuts instead of cake or cupcakes and they went down really well! It was fairly reasonable too - just under £100 for 120. Bargain! :D

I do like the look of the rose cake that you have chosen, it looks beautiful! What flavour cake are you having?

Becky, Jul 18, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Not sure what flavour yet, am just waiting for the lady to get back to me. I don;t even eat cake so don't care hahha, think H2B will want just plain sponge though. He can choose that bit hehe xx

4. SeptemberBride

alfamillie

Love your roses Em! I don't eat cake either as I'm diabetic but still excited about it. Our restaurant is making a traditional French wedding cake - a "piece montée" or "croquembouche" to serve as pudding. Not sure if it will be profiteroles or macaroons yet - thanks for reminding me to ask. A friend and Iare going to make funny long-legged figurines out of clothespegs to stick somewhere near the top.

Attached Files:

alfamillie, Jul 18, 2011
  5. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

@ alfamillie - they look AMAZING!!!! We spend alot of time in France as my MIL2B and FIL2B live out there. Are you getting married in France?? Apologies if this is written somewhere else on here lol x

6. SeptemberBride

alfamillie

Hi yes indeed, in Provence in September (see my planning thread). No family connections, we just love it there and as H2B is a Kiwi a lot of guests are travelling from NZ and Oz so we wanted somewhere we could all have a holiday together as well. Whereabouts do your PIL2B live?
    Millie x

alfamillie, Jul 18, 2011
  7. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Ahhh lovely. They are in Normandy, about 20 minutes drive from Mont St Michel. We are going there on our honeymoon too. Are you getting married this September?? We are on 2nd. x

8. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Millie, completely ignore my blabbering on, I have just read your thread!! Love everything you have done, it sounds like it will be amazing!! We have chosen the m&m's for our wedding............I loved them when we found them online, it was a choice between them and the personalised stick of rock!! xx

9. SeptemberBride

alfamillie

alfamillie, Jul 18, 2011
  10. SeptemberBride

alfamillie

Ooh - hard choice but yes I think the M&Ms are really cute. We laughed when Charlie & the Chocolate Factory came on TV yesterday while I was filling the bags - now I'm the future Mrs Wonka :D

alfamillie, Jul 18, 2011
  11. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Hahahah love it!!

I am in the process of choosing what to put them in, we are also thinkign of having a scratchcard with each favour. Decisions Decisions!! And there is no way my H2B will help make them, he hasn't even chosen his suit yet!! x

12. SeptemberBride

Becky

I love the sound of these, and they look amazing! I love macarons, they are yummy :D

Becky, Jul 18, 2011
  13. SeptemberBride

alfamillie

funny you should mention that - nor has mine! :D

alfamillie, Jul 18, 2011
  14. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Oh good, Im glad its not just him. I am actually forcing him to come shopping on Friday night to find one, I have everything for me, including jewelerry and underwear now. He has absolutely nothing!!! x

SeptemberBride, Jul 19, 2011
  15. SeptemberBride

alfamillie

I even bought him vouchers for his birthday to go towards it, joking that he would be getting married in his birthday suit. Now I think that might actually be true! Some of our male guests have put more thought into their attire so far.. But hey, I don't care if he turns up in shorts and flip flops like the Kiwi he is - I'll be happy whatever ;) Good luck on Friday night!

alfamillie, Jul 19, 2011
  16. SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride

Thanks!! Bless!....My SIL2B has a new boyfriend and he had the day booked of work and a new suit a week after we had booked our wedding!! hah xx

SeptemberBride, Jul 19, 2011
  17. SeptemberBride

alfamillie

How did Friday's suit-buying go? We actually went that night too and HE GOT ONE! It's being altered but will be ready tonight - one more thing we can tick off the list.. :)

alfamillie, Jul 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question