Bugs, Colours And Ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Ian, May 1, 2010.

1. Ian

Ian Administrator

Hi guys!

My name is Ian and I'm the "other half" of Becky, and I'm on here to help out with any technical problems or ideas relating to the site (as I can code them in). :)

If you spot any problems with the site or have some thoughts on what can be done to improve it, just post in this section and I'll do my best to help. :)

Ian

Ian, May 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Ian

MrsStanding2Be

Hello,

Sorry to be a pain :) but i'm getting married in 2012 and there isn't a 2012 forum yet, if its possible could you somehow make one please?

Thankyou

MrsStanding2Be, May 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Ian

BunnyMonkey

Hi

I love love love this site. Could you please include a Big, Beautiful Brides forum?

Thank you!

BM

BunnyMonkey, May 1, 2010
  4. Ian

Ian Administrator

Sure, no problem - I'll add that now :)

I'm glad you like it :D. I'll look in to adding it now, I just need to find an icon for the forum.

Ian, May 1, 2010
  5. Ian

Ian Administrator

The 2012 section is now added, and the Big, Beautiful Brides section is online - I just swapped the icon from wedding fashion with a shoe and used that! :)

We might need to rename the Big Budget Brides or Big Beautiful Brides section as then sound very similar, so if you've got any ideas on alternative names please do let me know.

Ian, May 1, 2010
  6. Ian

MrsStanding2Be

Thankyou!

MrsStanding2Be, May 1, 2010
  7. Ian

Helen

Hey, I can't seem to be able to write in the box when I try to start a new topic, I can in the fast reply box but nothing else, is this a problem with my computer settings and if so any suggestions on how I can make it work?

Helen, May 1, 2010
  8. Ian

Becky

Not sure what the problem is here... when you click on 'Start new topic' does the page show up properly for you?

Becky, May 2, 2010
  9. Ian

Helen

The page shows but I can't seem to be able to click in the big white box to start writing?!

Helen, May 3, 2010
  10. Ian

Ian Administrator

Hi Helen, can you click on the "my settings" button in the top corner please (or click here : http://www.bigday.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=usercp) and then untick the button that says "Enable visual (RTE) editor?" and then save the page. That should fix it for you I think.

Ian, May 4, 2010
  11. Ian

Helen

Woohoo that worked thank you :)

Helen, May 4, 2010
  12. Ian

Frogbitch

I often find that when I try to add a smilie to a post, it pops up mid sentence, and not where the cursor is.:D Typical, it didn't do it this time!:)

Frogbitch, Jun 10, 2010
  13. Ian

Frogbitch

It did it again!

Frogbitch, Jun 13, 2010
  14. Ian

Ian Administrator

Sorry for the slow reply, Bex has just pointed me to this post and demonstrated what you mean. :D

I'll have a look in to it now and report this bug to the forum software developers and see what they say. For the meantime, if it drops a smilie in mid-sentance you should be able to click and drag the image to the correct location.

I'll also see if I can delve in to the code and tweak this myself :lol:

Ian, Jun 13, 2010
  15. Ian

Frogbitch

Is there a way of finding the first unread post in a thread once you've gone into it? I know this works on the forum categories if the thread is the last one with new posts, but I've not niticed it anywhere else.
    V Bulletin has a "go to first unread post" box above the thread title.
    sorry to keep comparing to V Bulletin but it's what I'm used to from my H2Bs forums.

Just found the little arrow. Sorry!

Frogbitch, Jun 20, 2010
  16. Ian

Ian Administrator

I'm not aware of a way to do this once you're in the thread, but it looks like you've found the arrow on the topic listing page :).

For anyone else wondering about this, when you're browsing a forum or new topics, just click this arrow and you'll be taken to the posts you've not yet read : [​IMG]

Ian, Jun 21, 2010
  17. Ian

Frogbitch

I checked out the site form an Apple store yesterday, and I was suprised how much of the site I could see without signing in. At the very least, could we make people's profiles available to members only?

Frogbitch, Jun 24, 2010
  18. Ian

Ian Administrator

At the moment most of the view can be viewed, but only as "read only" - so nothing can be commented on. This way it gives a chance for others to have a browse of the site and see what they think :D. Are there any parts that you were concerned about others viewing, and I'll see if I can make an option to make the page private - I'm sure it should be possible to code in to the forums.

Ian, Jun 24, 2010
  19. Ian

Frogbitch

Yeah, I'm not keen on my profile being public as Russ' ex is a bit of a nutter, and I wouldn't want her to turn up here.

Frogbitch, Jun 24, 2010
  20. Ian

Ian Administrator

No problem, I'll see what I can code to make the profile pages optionally private :D

Ian, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question