Bridesmaids Dresses

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsGroves2B, Oct 23, 2012.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I think I may have found my bridesmaids' dresses!

Me and Chris spent the weekend with my Maid of Honour, Claire in Maidstone where she lives. On Saturday me and Claire went into Maidstone town centre to browse the different bridal shops for bridesmaids dresses. We had a wander in the High Street stores (Monsoon and West One), and West One had a lovely evening gown in burgundy (the colour we want) and only £58! The best of it is there is currently a 20% off sale in store so the dresses would only cost £46.40! Have a look at these photos and see what you think- I've reserved 4 dresses at my local West One store for my two bridesmaids (2 size 12's as the two bridesmaids are likely to be size 12, but reserved a size 10 and a size 14 just in case). My Maid of Honour has ordered her size in for the Maidstone store as the one she tried was too big and they didn't have the next size down in stock there, and she's insisting on paying for her own dress and shoes, bless her. Me, Chris (he's driving and I want him to approve of them, even though its womens department dresses- its just mine I don't want him involved in for obvious reasons!) and my two bridesmaids are going to our local store to try them on and see how they look!

The pictures make the dress look more red than burgundy but the actual dress when you physically see it is burgundy, and its tagged up and on the website as burgundy. Its not something I'd have gone for personally until we saw it in Maidstone, well, Claire spotted it, and we went to the changing rooms and when I saw it on her I liked it, and agreed it looked fine for bridesmaids, and they could wear them again after the wedding. I did ask them for their opinions and they like them, so hoping tomorrow goes well!

Please share your opinions!

Becky
    xx

Attached Files:

MrsGroves2B, Oct 23, 2012
    Zoe likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

The only thing to add is that the two bridesmaids' shoes are also burgundy, the Maid of Honour's will be ivory, but hopefully will have the same style as the bridesmaids' shoes. My Maid of Honour unfortunately has suffered with DVT in the past, which has left her foot and leg swolen, so getting shoes to fit is difficult for her. We have them from BHS and luckily they do the same style shoes in a wide fit but only in ivory, and website reviews have said someone had them for swolen feet and they were comfortable for them, so hopefully they'll be fine for her, if not she has her ivory bridal shoes from her wedding 3 years ago. She has toyed with the idea of dying the shoes (whatever style) but I think ivory would be ok for her. Here are the shoes:

Attached Files:

MrsGroves2B, Oct 23, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsBrown

Those dresses are gorgeous! Such a bargain too.
    Your bridesmaid can always get some flat pumps for after ceremony too, my friends bridesmaid did that as she was pregnant. Just wore shoes for wedding.

I hope your oh likes them :)

MrsBrown, Oct 23, 2012
  4. MrsGroves2B

Becky

They look great! It's a nice design and I really like the detail on the shoulder. I agree that they look red in the photos, but I can imagine them in a darker tone. Bargain-tastic too! :)

Becky, Oct 24, 2012
  5. MrsGroves2B

Helen

I like the crossover detail on them, think the shoes will go well and I think that both shoes will go well. I like the idea that your moh has ivory shoes to make her a little different from your other two bms :)

Helen, Oct 24, 2012
  6. MrsGroves2B

gildius

They're lovely - I especially like the embellishment on the strap :)

gildius, Oct 25, 2012
  7. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

I really think those dresses are gorgeous Becky! I've seen a few dresses around for my bridesmaids but haven't come to a decision yet. Think I will have to get my sisters opinion as she is my maid of honour.

The shoes look lovely too!

nikster1987, Oct 25, 2012
  8. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Thank you guys!

We brought them yesterday! I love them that much I want to be a bridesmaid now to wear it! Hehe!

The burgundy shoes I have are a slightly different shade but still go with the dress really well. MOH has ordered her dress in at her local store, and said today that they now have it in so has put two sizes aside for her to go and try on tomorrow I think, either tomorrow or Saturday, but is sending me photographs when she does! So excited!

Here's one of my bridesmaids, Toni in her dress. You can tell its burgundy in the photographs I've taken!

Attached Files:

MrsGroves2B, Oct 25, 2012
  9. MrsGroves2B

Becky

Excellent, they look great! :)

Becky, Oct 26, 2012
  10. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Thank you! My MOH got her dress today in Maidstone and her shoes to go with them! She's managed to get some in a similar colour too that fit her (she suffers with swolen feet after suffering from DVT in the past), so really happy!

Here's my MOH's shoes:

Attached Files:

MrsGroves2B, Oct 26, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question