Bridesmaid issues!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Charlotte, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Charlotte

Charlotte

My best friend is driving me up the wall! I asked her to be bridesmaid and she said yes, she knew we had booked a wedding in Cyprus (a BBQ & cocktail party). She agreed to come and was fine with everything, we had to confirm our choice of BBQ when booking it as it effected the cost etc. My fiancé and I are both meat lovers and at the time of booking all our guests we intended to invite ate meat. My mum is throwing a garden party for our engagement this weekend with a BBQ to keep in with the theme of our wedding, however my friend has now decided out of the blue that she’s vegan, is demanding to bring her dogs to my mothers (mum would shove them on the BBQ - think cruella de vil) and is having a strop about the fact that we are not changing both events to be completely vegan. Mums gone out of her way to get the company doing the bbq to add a vegan option and it’s cost her a lot of money too and now she’s saying she’s not sure if she’s even able to come with no reason. We even moved the date of the garden party so she could come. I just don’t know what to say to her x

Charlotte, Jun 27, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Charlotte

Becky Administrator

Wow, sounds like your friend is being completely unreasonable :( By acting this way she is being oblivious to everyone but herself, which must be incredibly difficult for you to deal with. Has she always been like this or is it new? If she has always had a tendancy to be like this then that is unlikely to change, and if it were me I'd take a step back from the friendship. Narcissists don't change their spots. However if this is a new thing then maybe it's because of some deeper reason, so maybe check whether something is bothering her which is causing her to act in this way.

Becky, Jun 28, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Charlotte

Charlotte

She used to be like this when we were kids but she’s not acted like this since we were teenagers. She claims everything is okay but I think she actually has a problem - I'm just unsure of what it is. Our mutual friend doesn’t seem to know either only that she’s acting weird. I am older than her and in our circle of friends I’m the only one who has ever been married or had children, This wedding will be my second marriage. Am I being insensitive or something? I just don’t know why she’s started being like this x

Charlotte, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Charlotte

Becky Administrator

As hard as it is I think the only option would be to talk to her about how her behaviour is unreasonable and that you're concerned about her. Is there any one else who is close to her who you could speak to about it? A parent or sibling maybe?

Becky, Jul 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question