Bridesmaid Gifts

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010.

1. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Hi all,

I have decided the major task for this week is to sort out gifts for bridesmaids, but need some ideas please.

I am buying their dresses and shoes so didnt want to go too mad, but just want to get a little something.

I have one bridesmaid aged 8 and I have already bought her a book on 'when i was a bridesmaid' but it looks too old for the other two little ones aged 3 and 5.
    Then I have 3 adults, I wasnt going to bother but they have been so helpful (like making the invitations with me etc) so I just wanted to get them something small.

What are other people doing? any ideas?

I might give them their presents before the ceremony (esp the grown up ones) as were not bothering with best man/ parents (gosh i sound so tight... but our best man/ fathers would really not be into traditional presents and mums have already said they would be happy with flowers from the tables rather than spending even more- unless anyone has any novel ideas?).

Any help appreciated. thank you.

Jayne

MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

How much are you thinking of spending? I don't think you are tight at all. If you don't stop somewhere you will never stop!! I have got my adult BM's a necklace & earrings set from ebay. They were £10 each but very sparkly & pretty. Thought they might be a bit predictable as presents but I just can't spend a fortune. For my middle bridesmaids aged 7 & 10 I will probably get them a bracelet with their name on again ebay have some lovely ones for about £5 or £6. But must admit I am stuck for tiny ones aged 4, 2 & 18months (I have lots & lots of nieces!!!)
    Hope this helps sorry if not! Ps I am not stalking you btw just been speaking to you on another post lol x

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 6, 2010
    MrsBrown likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Ha ha, thank you mrsg2b. I think its just me and you tonight ha ha!

Was thinking bout £10 each but i have 6 so it adds up. when i hunted for stuff on ebay i couldnt find anything. do you have a link for yours? I think the little ones would be too young for a bracelet but maybe someone else will give us both some ideas for the little ones!

MrsBrown, Jun 6, 2010
  4. MrsBrown

MrsBoucher2B2012

So far i am only having my best friend and my daughter as moh and flower girl. I did a quick google and littlewoods have some cute me to you bridemaids gifts.

Also there is simply dazzling they have some nice bits and bobs My link

Bridaltales have some things as well My link

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 7, 2010
    MrsBrown likes this.
  5. MrsBrown

vhc

there's a lovely book/set called The Bridesmaid's Diary - it's ISBN 9781843621799
    £10.99.
    It's perfect for ages 3-6 and you get a book with some confetti, a card photo framce, hair decorations, a fake invitation and a bracelet.

I sell this in my shop, and have 3 copies of it, if you're interested, you can find it on the shop's website: Nickel Books
    If this doesn't take you to the page, then hover over Children's Books and click on Gift Editions.

vhc, Jun 7, 2010
  6. MrsBrown

MrsStanding2Be

Well i have got my MOH a playboy watch, and lipglosses so far.......but not too sure if i'm gonna have a bridesmaid by the end of this year so i may just give it all to MOH!

MrsStanding2Be, Jun 7, 2010
  7. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

thank you all for your help!

MrsBrown, Jun 7, 2010
  8. MrsBrown

Frogbitch

I'm getting my MOH a bead for her Pandora bracelet, and some personalised Ell & Cee knickers that say "Bolly knickers" as she's a huge Ashes to Ashes fan.
    Her birthday is 2 weeks before the wedding though, so I'll need to get her something else as well.

Frogbitch, Jun 7, 2010
  9. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

LOL I think we were the only ones on last night!!! Sorry didn't get back to you last night ran off upstairs h2b was watching Changling! Ugh made me feel sick so I ran off the wimp I am lol.
    This is the link for the ebay shop that I bought my adult BM's necklace sets from. Will warn you they don't come in presentation boxes but can get these cheap enough from card factory or clintons http://stores.ebay.co.uk/mini-stars_Rhinestone-Necklace-Set_W0QQ_fsubZ7QQ_sidZ139094043QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322.

Ooo if you do see anything for little ones PLEASE let me know it is driving me crazy trying to think of something for them!!! :lol: xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 7, 2010
  10. MrsBrown

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 7, 2010
    MrsBrown likes this.
  11. MrsBrown

Mrsg2b2011

Ooo they are fab ideas Kel. I will check them out too :lol: xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 7, 2010
  12. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

I like the bears! Thank you

MrsBrown, Jun 8, 2010
  13. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

Thank you mrsg2b. I must have missed your post when I last checked! The necklaces are lovely and so reasonable.

I think i might order the 3 year old one of the teddies Kel suggested but not sure about the 5 year old, she is very gown up for her age.

MrsBrown, Jun 8, 2010
  14. MrsBrown

MrsBrown

I just ordered a bear for the 3 year old :) Gonna check the other ideas out now... making progress!!

MrsBrown, Jun 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question