Bridesmaid Dresses

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by gemw24, Oct 1, 2010.

1. gemw24

gemw24

Hi Ladies,
    I have always wanted to have my bridesmaids in the same dresses but I cant find any (they are all so expensive)... Would it look out of place if they wore different dresses. Ihave seem weddings that have 3 or more BM wearing different dresses but as i only have 2 i dont know if it would look silly.
    What do you thnk???

Thanks
    Gem

gemw24, Oct 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. gemw24

ilovepink1984

Hey Gem. Bridesmaids dresses are very expensive - a little ridiculous really. I am lucky that mine are buying there own dresses which really helps me out - is this something you could look into if you would like the same style/colour? Maybe they could contribute?

I love contrasting dresses though and I personally think it will work with 2 BMs. You could give them a colour and they could pick their own style so they are tied in by colour? Or you could have different styles and contrasting colours - this could look very striking in the pics. Maybe you could tie them together with the same shoes/jewellery/accessories etc? Or the same style dress in contrasting colours? I think it could really work and look more relaxed especially if you have some control over the final purchase and give them some guidelines.

Good luck with it and let us know how you get on xxx

ilovepink1984, Oct 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. gemw24

Anon_SA

I think the idea of having bridesmaid dresses in different styles is great! I was going to do that - except I found a dress that matched my dress so perfectly that it wouldn't have worked - and I didn't just want one bridesmaid in the perfect dress - needed two!

But the original idea was to have them in different dresses - which means it's a great idea :)

Anon_SA, Oct 1, 2010
  4. gemw24

MrsBoucher2B2012

Mine is just wearing a normal evening dress which made the dress hunt harder and easier at the same time. BHS have some nice stuff.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Oct 1, 2010
  5. gemw24

SnugglesGirl

I have been struggling for some time..mainly because of the price to be honest...I got my wedding dress as a £500 bargain and then the bridesmaid dresses can be £200...just not prepared to pay that...I totally believe that in current times a wedding should be excatly what you want it to be...conforming to all the traditions isnt necessary at all...different dresses sounds a fab idea...why the hell not.....anything that adds more stress and worry to the planning of a wedding isnt worth it....thats my thoughts and I am sticking with it...haha......
    Be individual thats what I say xxx

SnugglesGirl, Oct 2, 2010
  6. gemw24

MrsMay2011

I think different BM dresses can look really good! As long as the dresses complement each other there is absolutely no need for them to be identical, and I've seen some amazing pics with the bm's in different dresses.

I'm only having 2 bridesmaids as well. One of my BMs will have had a baby a few months before the wedding. She's always been v slim so will probably be fine, but I'm preparing myself for a potential last minute dress hunt in case it doesn't fit. If that's the case we won't be able to get the same dress anyway, so will be getting something in a complementary colour instead.

MrsMay2011, Oct 2, 2010
  7. gemw24

gemw24

Thanks everyone. Your words have been very kind and reassuring xx

gemw24, Oct 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question