Bridesmaid Dresses

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsMoo2Be, Jul 3, 2010.

1. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Hi All!!

Im bored in work yet again and being very productive!!!
    so I have just been browsing the net. On ebay I have come accross these dresses which are exatly what I have been thinking that I want for my bridesmaids. they are from monsoon and should be £170 but on ebay at £80 ..... Im not sure what is a good price as far as bridesmaids dresses go and how much I should be spending. Any way I wanted to ask 1. is this ok for a bridesmaid dress? and 2. what price I should be looking at for each bridesmaid I have 4 (1 is only 12 so might get her something different) then I have a flowergirl as well!

here is the pic!!

Vikki xxxx

Attached Files:

MrsMoo2Be, Jul 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsMoo2Be

iPrincess26

They are gorgeous dresses and £80 is a good price I think ones from the bridal shops are more than that, we got ours from monsoon too but in the sale so only paid £25 each. You could do that if you wanted to risk it but if you love them i'd get them on ebay!

iPrincess26, Jul 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Well Ive just noticed that they are ending today most have no bids... so gonna see if they put them on but at a lower price maybe?? Otherwise I think i will have to keep my eye out for the sale or just keep looking on ebay!! fingers crossed... rather have more of a bargin and if not then I know what style I want now!!

:)

MrsMoo2Be, Jul 3, 2010
  4. MrsMoo2Be

iPrincess26

Good Thinking, you could always email the seller after they end with no bids and see what sort of a deal they might offer for 4 of them! they are fabulous :)

iPrincess26, Jul 3, 2010
  5. MrsMoo2Be

Mrs T2B (Kel)

my bridesmaids dresses cost £19 from littlewoods, with an online discount code I got them for £11.50 each :D

I didn't want traditional BM dresses, but more something the girls could wear again if they wanted. I think that 'normal' BM dresses can be very very expensive, and they would get worn only once.

I love that dress MrsMoo2b.. and such a gorgeous colour. If you have younger girls, I'd put them in a 'younger' dress but in a mstching colour.. or a complimenting colour if your scheme is flexible enough.

:)

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jul 3, 2010
  6. MrsMoo2Be

juliak

MrsMoo as with anything to do with weddings you can pay as much or as ittle as you are able. If you love these dresses than go for it. I think it's something they could wear again and I don't think £80 is too bad especially when they should be more expensive. Admittedly my ring bearers (step daughter to be) dress was £30 from New Look but we are on a tiny budget and it's a really small wedding. I agree with Princess and Kel that they are lovely, the colour is gorgeous and maybe put the younger ones in a 'younger' style in either the same or contrasting colours. x

juliak, Jul 3, 2010
  7. MrsMoo2Be

Mrsg2b2011

MrsMoo that dress is GORGEOUS!!! For a bridesmaids dress & £80 is not bad as I know dessy ones can be in excess of £150!!! Your BM will be able to wear it again after the wedding aswell.
    Defo put the younger one in a younger style as the other ladies have said, and if you can't get the same colour for the younger ones than a contrasting colour as Ju said will look stunning. Beautiful dress though i am tempted to hunt one out for myself!! :) :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jul 3, 2010
  8. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMay2011

What a great dress, I love the grecian style AND the colour.

As JuliaK says, you can spend £30 from eg New look or £200 from a bridal store and in both cases have lovely looking dresses. I budgeted £150 for BM dresses (but then I only have 2 to buy) with something of the Coast/Monsoon-y style in mind (not started shopping yet). I actually reckon £80 for a full length Monsoon dress is a v good deal, especially for one as nice as that.

Good luck with your bid!

MrsMay2011, Jul 3, 2010
  9. MrsMoo2Be

MrsBoucher2B2012

very pretty.
    you have just started a discussion about what to put my slight short moh in for the wedding lol.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jul 3, 2010
  10. MrsMoo2Be

juliak

As MrsMay said it's very Grecian which is SOOOO in right now!
    Let us know what happens!!!!!!! Good luck!

juliak, Jul 3, 2010
  11. MrsMoo2Be

Becky Administrator

I'm a bit late to this one - did you win? I love the style and colour of the dress, so I hope you did! :)

Becky, Jul 5, 2010
  12. MrsMoo2Be

MrsMoo2Be

Hi!!!

I'm glad you all like them, was worried they werent bridesmaidy?? enough!

I was watching them... I missed the one size, but they are all still on there but someone has bid and I dont want to get into a Bidding war as I know me I would be like oh its only £5 more pound and end up paying £200 for each lol I dont know when to stop as I want to win lol..... and dont think Ian would be too happy with that ha! £80 for each would of been fine but I just know it would of been alot more now someone has bid!! So I am going to keep an eye out on ebay and have a look in Moonson you never know might see them in a sale, or a monsoon at an outlet village they might end up there who knows!! I did go shopping yesterday clothes for my new job and was meant to nip into Monsoon as there is one on the retail park.......forgot!!!! But now I have found what I want, maybe I could get someone to make something similar if I cannot get these?? I have had in my head what I wanted nothing too bridesmaidy if that makes sense... something they can all wear again and as its the summer (here is hoping) something cool! So any way I am going to become an ebay stalker of this dress and not be outbid or get into a mad bidding war either!! Thank you for all your lovely comments now I do know that these are the dresses.... which then sets me off thinking about mine .... back to the ones I posted. Thinking that I will go for something quite simple bit of dazle on etc!!

sorry to ramble I havent been able to get on properly since Ive posted this :)

Vikki xxxxxxxx

MrsMoo2Be, Jul 6, 2010
  13. MrsMoo2Be

ilovepink1984

Those dresses are gorgeous and such a lovely,smmery colour as well. Your BMs will def be able to wear this sort of dress again. There are a lot of dresses in this sort of style out there so keep your eyes open. Wait for the summer sales to start and you never know what you might find. Look at Debenhams and Coast as well as they do simlar designs and there are often sales on. Just thinking though - this sort of style will finsh this year soon as its not very wintery so you might struggle getting from the high street in the autumn/winter unless you wait to next year? Sorry if that worries you!! Bridal stores will have similar styles all year round but they will cost a lot more. My BM dresses are £185 without alterations!! but we couldn't find anything simlar that we liked anywhere else - after MONTHS of trawling the shops and internet!! Luckily my BMs are bith aying for their own dresses and I think they will be wearable again - I've already told my sister I'm borrowing it for h2bs work xmas party!!

Def don't get caught up in a bidding war on ebay!! There are some good bargains on there. I got some wedding shoes for £5 with postage last week but some things end up going for more than they cost new sometimes!!

Simple wedding dresses are gorgeous esp if they are highlighted with a bit of bling! Would match lovely with those monsoon dresses - would creat a realxed, summery atmosphere. The Ronald Joyce ones you posted were lovely and very elegant. Are you going shopping soon? Can't wait for more pics!! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jul 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question