Bridesmaid Dresses Stockport / Cheshire / Manchester

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by QueenCaroline, Feb 3, 2013.

1. QueenCaroline

QueenCaroline

I live up in Scotland but my bridesmaids live in England, one in Stoke on Trent and one in Stockport. I've got a date planned for this month for us all to meet up and to look at bridesmaid dresses, but am not really sure where to start. I'm looking to spend under £150 and don't know whether I would be better looking at High Street such as Debenhams and BHS, or at bridal shops. There is a big height difference between my bridesmaids (one is 5 foot 2 and busty, the other 5 foot 9) so it may be hard to get off the peg unless we get alterations. I'd be grateful for any advice on where to look.

QueenCaroline, Feb 3, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. QueenCaroline

Becky Administrator

Welcome to Big Day! :)

I'd be tempted to avoid bridal shops as their BM dresses tend to be very overpriced. Department stores are probably your best bet - alterations don't tend to cost much if it is just a simple case of shortening a dress, so try to look for things that can be shortened easily.Alternatively you could always look for different styles from the same shop in the same material and colour.

Have you seen anything online yet that has caught your eye or are you just waiting to see what you find when you look?

Becky, Feb 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. QueenCaroline

QueenCaroline

Bit of both really, I have some ideas in mind for colour (deep blue) and style (full length and strapless) and have seen some in BHS in a sapphire colour that look nice.

QueenCaroline, Feb 8, 2013
  4. QueenCaroline

Becky Administrator

My bridesmaids wore dark blue, excellent choice! :D I got the dresses from House of Fraser in their sale, so ended up saving a lot of money on them!

Becky, Feb 8, 2013
  5. QueenCaroline

MrsC2Be

If you did want to go for bridesmaids dresses from a bridesmaids range as it were, I can recommend a brilliant shop in Hyde (Once upon a bride) - they were fantastic for my bridesmaid dresses, after another shop let us down. They have great seamstresses too, which I would also recommend.

We went for a specific range because we wanted the girls to have different styles, but the same material and colour, which we would have struggled with on the high street.

MrsC2Be, Feb 23, 2013
  6. QueenCaroline

koodle

Im looking on ebay for my bridesmaid dresses, I got my dress from ebay (china) had a few issues, but am happy with the dress, so chancing it for the bridesmaid dresses, but am buying from a UK seller. £50 each. there a many different designs tho

koodle, Feb 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question