Bridesmaid dilemma

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Brownbelt, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Brownbelt

Brownbelt

Hi I'm looking for a bit of advice if anyone can help. I already have a large bridal party with 4 bridesmaids and 3 flower girls but I'm considering asking a work colleague who i have become very close with to also be my bridesmaid. Is this okay or will 8 bridesmaids/flower girls look silly on the day there are going to be around 80-100 guests for the day.

Brownbelt, Aug 8, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Brownbelt

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum! :) There are no wrongs or rights when it comes to weddings - do it however makes you happy. Would you regret not having her as your bridesmaid? If so then ask her :)

The most common concern with a large amount of bridesmaids/flower girls is the cost, but if you are ok on that front there is nothing to stop you!

Becky, Aug 8, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Brownbelt

Brownbelt

I'm okay on that front all my bridesmaids are happy ordering dresses online (did so for both my mums and sisters wedding including their bridal gowns and all dressed were fantastic quality and stunning) So my bridesmaid dresses shoes flowers and accessories will cost £100 each (less for the flower girls) so if I asked her id probably be looking at around £650-£700 for them which is absolutely fine. I just think it would be so nice to have one of the nicest girls I've ever met to be my bridesmaid (the others bridesmaids and flower girls are my sister, his 3 sisters, my 2 nieces and a family friend who's known me since I was knee high to a grasshopper)

Brownbelt, Aug 8, 2016
    Becky likes this.
  4. Brownbelt

Becky Administrator

Sounds like the right call :)

Becky, Aug 11, 2016
  5. Brownbelt

Brownbelt

I just don't want people to think it'll look silly but each and every bridesmaid is family and have been there for me whenever I've needed them

Brownbelt, Aug 11, 2016
    Becky likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question