Bish, Bash, Bosh!

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by May2010bride, May 17, 2010.

1. May2010bride

May2010bride

[​IMG] So glad it's all over, and we can get down to the important bit now!!

Mr & Miss B.W (before wedding!);
    We met Jan 2008, at work, he was an ar5ehole (well that's what I told the collegue I was with when I first met him!)..we didn't bump into each other until I moved departments in June 2008, then we saw each other everyother day...he hung around me long enough (without reason!) for me to get the message, and in July/August (can't remember when!) we went on our first date (a snog on the way to the pub, couple of beers each then some Krispy Kreme!), things moved sort of quickly & I moved in with him in Dec 2008.

We got engaged in January/Feb (again can't remember when) 2009 (my drunken text proposal led to a proper one, with a ring & everyfunk!)...and spent about six months 'discussing' (sometimes very heated!) who/what/where/when we wanted from a wedding!
    He wanted the whole nine yards..I wanted to get it over with (didn't see the point of spending anytime/money/effort planning a wedding as I thought everything that came after was more important), we decided on a small (his family, couple of close mates as witnesses) registery office, followed by cake & nibbles at home, then a few hours break for everyone, then a meal at our favourite resturant!

Wedding Day:
    After a late night playing guitar hero, watching trash tv & eating pizza with my best mate & the Mr...it was a flurry of food prep & cleaning!
    Didn't know how I wanted my hair/make up until about 20mins before we left the house but it was nice to be thinking of something other than the impeding doom.
    [​IMG]
    His brother was an excellent help and did most things, and my soon to be husband made his first ever pasta salad!!

Ceremony:
    No music, no frills, no rain (hurrah!).....part of the heated pre-marital debate was music choice (he vetoed my idea of 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' (Metallica) & 'Kill The Bride' (Murderdolls) so we thought it better for everyone if we didn't have any!
    The pre-wedding interview bit was longer than the ceremony, we spent ages with the registrar discussing a local stabbing (cheery thoughts!), the actual ceremony took 7 minutes (including those cheesy 'signing the registry' pics), and was brilliant (don't think my husband appreciated me getting the giggles halfway through after almost, accidently, saying 'I take you as my wife').....

More to come, with piccies!

May2010bride, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. May2010bride

Helen

Lol looking forward to the pics! :D

Helen, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. May2010bride

Becky

Love it so far - especially the 'I take you as my wife' line!! [​IMG]

Becky, May 17, 2010
  4. May2010bride

May2010bride

Argh! Just wrote a long bit of speel...accidently deleted it.

Anyhoo, I'll update again tomorrow!

Just added up what we spent on the wedding..it looks like it's about £2270.

May2010bride, May 30, 2010
  5. May2010bride

MrsApplen2be

Keep it coming I love reports, and yours is paticularly humourous < is that even a word xx

MrsApplen2be, May 31, 2010
  6. May2010bride

Becky

Oh no! Looking forward to the update today though :)

Becky, May 31, 2010
  7. May2010bride

Mrswalton2be

Congratulations :blink:

Mrswalton2be, Jun 9, 2010
  8. May2010bride

Mrsg2b2011

We need update & piccies PLEASE :lol: xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 9, 2010
  9. May2010bride

May2010bride

Reception;
    Back to ours for a buffet, hurrah! We had m&s food, which was great (I recommend it all!) & Mil made the cakes.
    The cake was a big argument point for us, I wanted I pirate ship, the Man said it wasn't wedding-gy, even now I'm pissed off I didn't stand my ground on most things to do with the wedding (like Vegas..), but he promised me a pirate ship cake for my birthday, so yay!
    The reception was casual, just sat around nattering with family, and the few friends who were there (minus one bint, dating the best man, who I don't see eye to eye with, more on another thread!), then everyone (apart from my best mate & the happpy couple) went back to the hotel & we had a two hour break from wedding madness (which was a REALLY good idea!).

We all got changed (minus me!) and met at His favourite resturant for the evening meal, it was really, really good! And considering there were 13 of us (and a few fish-like drinkers!) the bill only came to £317.
    Thankfully no one wanted to make a speech, so my eating wasn't interupted.

Then we all said our good byes & the Happy couple went home, watched trash tv for a while (I believe it was 30 Rock & Ninja Warrior) before getting all x-rated (no pictures of that....unless you ask REALLY nicely).

No first dance, no favours, no flowers (I don't like real flowers).

Honeymoon in Cumbria;
    Married on Tuesday, Rest/shopping wednesday, then drove half way to honeymoon destination (stopping off at his parents for the night).
    Got to Cumbria on the friday, stayed at THE WORST 'FOUR STAR' hotel in the entire world. I literally double/triple checked that it was a four star cos it was more like a half decent 2/3 star (nothing major, just poor finish to the room & the worst starched itchy towels in the world), I'm no snob, but normally if you phone room service/reception in a four star & ask for extra pillows they'll ask what sort (soft etc), staff had no idea what I was talking about 'What's a firm pillow?'...grrrh!
    Hotel was Leeming House, a Macdonald chain hotel on Ullswater.

We had fun though, all apart from a visit from Aunt Flo, who came on the Sunday & didn't leave until the night before we left for home...which meant I had many new bits of night time attire to wear at home!
    We went all Heidi & walked up hills, befriended sheep, squirrles & some awesome goats.

Will update if I've left something out....now for pictures, yay!!

May2010bride, Jun 16, 2010
  10. May2010bride

May2010bride

[​IMG]BUMFLUFF!!
    Can't get the pictures to open with IE, grrh, I'll try again in a bit! x

May2010bride, Jun 16, 2010
  11. May2010bride

Ian Administrator

I've just had a quick look at the image source code, and it looks like you are trying to link to images that are on your PC but not yet uploaded to the net. Can you try using the attach files box when posting a reply and that should let you upload them to the net :D. Or, if you click on the gallery link you can upload them there and insert them in to a post.

If you get stuck, just send me a PM on here and I'll help :lol:.

Ian, Jun 16, 2010
  12. May2010bride

Mrsg2b2011

Ooh it all sounds wonderful Maybride!!! You sound so happy. Shame about the 4* hotel though & aunty Flo???? Why did she turn up :lol::lol: .

Loving the idea of a break for a couple of hours did it give you a chance to reflect that you are now husband & wife?
    Can't believe you didn't get your pirate cake!!! Make sure you get it for your Bday, how long have you to wait? We want to see pics of it when you get it, oh yes & with the pics you can keep the x rated ones oo err missus :D :lol::D thanks anyway xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  13. May2010bride

juliak

May, it sounds so lovely and relaxed! Definitely put your foot down for the pirate cake on your b'day! Shame about the hotel, you ought to write and complain, you may get some money back (i'm such a miser aren't I?)! And how rude of Aunty Flo to rear her ugly head - though at least it meant the honeymoon could carry on at home, he he, and I know i'm a sod for nosing at other pics but I think we'll let the wedding night ones slide!!!!
    I'm glad you said having a couple of hours break really helped as we too will be having a break between the wedding breakfast at the restaurant and the evening do - I think i'll be glad of it.As mrsg asked, did it all sink in during that time? Has it sunk in now?
    Look forward to seeing the pics (except THOSE pics)! xxx

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
  14. May2010bride

poppleminster

I'd make you a pirate cake if you were closer! Mini roll canons and maltesers canon balls! :mellow:

poppleminster, Jun 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question