Biscuits

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by May2010bride, Jun 16, 2010.

1. May2010bride

May2010bride

What do you like?

What do you hate?

Do you dunk?

Has anyone tried Party Rings in the last few years? Gone really downhill (like Happy Faces).

I'm eating Fig Rolls, they are well good, innit. But you can't dunk them in anything, I've tried.

As a kid I would dunk Rich Tea in Squash. Weirdo.

May2010bride, Jun 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. May2010bride

poppleminster

Party rings no longer have any fake flavouring and colouring so are boring now. Bit like what they've done to smarties.

I used to adore lemon puffs but even they taste less lemony.

Digestives are boring.

Ben says... he likes chocolate biscuits. Choc oreos are his fave and wholewheat dark choc digestives (nerd).

We both like Jaffa Cakes even tho technically and legally they are cakes and not biscuits :mellow:

poppleminster, Jun 16, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. May2010bride

May2010bride

Don't even get me started on what they've done to smarties!!! ARGGGHHH! They're rubbish now, I miss my fake E numbers.

Dark Chocolate Jaffa Cakes are lovely!

May2010bride, Jun 16, 2010
  4. May2010bride

poppleminster

You are to blame for Ben now googling mcvities digestives to prove they used to be called homewheats before they were called digetives. The first choc was made in 1935 but the first one was made in 1892 with a higher content of baking soda. They were called homewheat as they were the only brand then to be using british wheat from home and not abroad HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Spare me the nerdiness.

I can't talk. I am similar. You know feast ice creams? Remember when they were called Big Feast? Not many people believe me but the were and.... on tv you remember Fingermouse? It used to be called Fingerbobs and nobody remembers that either. I is an old bird!!

5. May2010bride

MrsBrown

right you lot are going to think I am weird (to join muy geek of a fiance ha ha) but I lobve to dunk buscuits in ribena! Its just yum!! Any buscuits will do, though the cheaper ones are best!!

Dunking in tea is super too!! Dunk all the way!!

Fave buscuits vary, but happy faces, cream crunch and jammy dodgers (but the ones with sugar on) Yummmy!!

Popplemaster, i remember big feast too and when snickers were marathons and star burst were opal fruits!! Oh when times were good ha ha!!

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  6. May2010bride

poppleminster

oooh I just remembered that I like to bite both ends off a stick of kitkat and use it as a straw in hot choc. If you've never done this - try it before grimacing as the hot liquid makes it all gooey and yum!

7. May2010bride

MrsBrown

I have tried it....... its fab, even better with a cup of tea.

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  8. May2010bride

poppleminster

oh now that is just wrong! :mellow:

9. May2010bride

MrsBrown

as is weetabix with hot water and pancakes and vingear.... but I did warn you I have strange habits!!

Anyone else?

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  10. May2010bride

MrsBrown

that is pancakes and vinegar together, not seperate (with a bit of sugar!)

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  11. May2010bride

poppleminster

pancakes are made for smoked bacon, lemon and maple syrup :D

12. May2010bride

Mrsg2b2011

I remember when Marathon became Snickers.
    Ok Big Feast I remember to they changed the name as they are no longer BIG niether for that matter are creme eggs which is disgraceful!!! Oh & wagon wheels have shrunk!!! Maybe all the E numbers & artificial colours made them huge????

LOVE party rings, agree they are not the same but love them, I also love jammy dodgers. All the biscuits that you find at a kiddies party are my faves!!!

I love dunking cookies & digestives in Tea mmm yummy!!! Off to make a cuppa now.... xxx

Oh yes & I love yorkshire puddings somthered in vinegar lovely!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  13. May2010bride

MrsBrown

Mrsg2b... yeh at last someone who likes yorkshire pudding/ pancakes with vinegar!!!! I usually get funny looks!!

Do people remember Wham bars.. they are tiny now????

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  14. May2010bride

poppleminster

Highland toffee bar for 5p that tore your teeth out and blackjacks!

Fly biscuits! I think they were / are called Garibaldi

15. May2010bride

MrsBrown

oh I dont remember fly buscuits. You can still get balck jacks, but you have to buy a packet!! What ever happened to penny sweets???

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  16. May2010bride

Mrsg2b2011

Penny sweets bacame 5p sweets then became stupidaly expensive sweets as you can only buy in packs!!! :D Ooo yes I remeber Wham bars & rainbow drops they are small now too :(xxx

Yay another vinegar lover I love it have it on every dinner even on scrambled eggs on toast with grated cheese ontop!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  17. May2010bride

juliak

Guys please STOP! I have so many replies to you all, aaargh!
    A Highland toffee did in fact rob me of one of my teeth which fell into my neighbours shagpile, took bloody ages to find it!
    I remember when penny sweets were ha'penny sweets, garibaldi are fly biscuits, Feast were Big in name and size, Creme Eggs (one of my favourites have shrunk) as have Wagon Wheels (gag) and wham bars, I found it hilarious when they changed Marathon to Snickers, what a silly name, and when Opal Fruits were...Opal fruits, and why did Fingerbobs become fingermouse?????
    Must admit dont really like party rings, though I admit they don't taste as good now, or jaffa cakes I much prefer a chocolate hobnob, proper squishy fruit and oatmeal cookies from Sainsburys and sometimes a custard cream.
    Hobnobs are best for dunking though!
    Does anyone remember Caramac?? That used to be my favourite choc bar but that has changed beyond recognition now!
    Nothing tastes right anymore!

juliak, Jun 16, 2010
  18. May2010bride

Mrsg2b2011

Yes Caramacs were the best, can't stand them now.

Sorry not making fun but your tooth in a shagpile??? LOL thats it thats set me off giggling for the evening now xxx
    Ps now you say it I do remember fly biscuits but think my dad used to call the that & I never knew they were garibaldi ones!!! Haha blonde moment xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 16, 2010
  19. May2010bride

MrsBrown

Oh I love caramacs!!

MrsBrown, Jun 16, 2010
  20. May2010bride

poppleminster

Ladies, ladies. I must introduce you to possibly THE best ice-cream invention ever! Get thyselves to your nearest Tesco, look in the frozen section and locate in a red box with yellowy writing that you will recognise, the very amazingly-gorgeous-essential-orgasmic-worthsnoggingtheworldsugliestpersonfor goodie otherwise known as CARAMAC ICE-CEAM BARS. 4 for £1 and you'll never need another ice-cream again :)

1. Advertisements

Ask a Question