Best Man Present?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by emmamaca, Apr 20, 2011.

1. emmamaca

emmamaca

Hello!

I've been looking for a new wedding forum after seeing how badly some of the others work... so here I am. It looks perfect here :)

H2B and I are struggling to think of ideas for the best man (but we have plenty of time thankfully). What are you all getting the best man as a gift, as I could really do with some ideas.

Any ideas?

x

emmamaca, Apr 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. emmamaca

ElmoGrace

I am going to struggle to think of this too - probably going to have to step in else my h2b will get his best man a ps3 game and a thank you!
    Depends on how personal you want the gift to be.
    If you want something easy to do then Cufflinks, a good bottle of wine, or a case of their favourite beer.
    If you want it to be more personal then tickets to see their favourite team or something similar.

ElmoGrace, Apr 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. emmamaca

Becky

Hi emmamaca, I'm glad you've found us! We think it's rather perfect here too :)

Buying presents for men is always tricky... our best man is flying over from the states to come to the wedding, so we wanted to get him a nice gift... the problem is, what??! He's not really interested in material things, has a nice watch already, etc so we were stumped. I think we're going to pay for him and his fiance to have a nice meal our after the wedding and a stay over in a hotel.

Can't think of anything else for him though! :)

Where someone is difficult to buy for, how about getting them an experience? Red Letter Days have quite a few, as do Virgin. Hope this helps!

Becky, Apr 20, 2011
  4. emmamaca

Helen

Welcome! Everyone here is really friendly so I hope you enjoy it here :D

We are buying waistcoats for the best men (there are 2 of them) and they are keeping those as their presents. I know that sounds a bit random but they are special cow print waistcoats (I know even more random) and they are both obsessed with cows! We also have two helium cow balloons to give them on the day for the speeches.

cows-waistcoat-lg.jpg

cow.jpg

Is there something along these lines you could do? Find a small gift relating to a hobby or something?

Helen, Apr 20, 2011
  5. emmamaca

Zoe

We've got personalised gift boxed pint glasses for our best men. It's really hard to think of something for men!

Zoe, Apr 20, 2011
  6. emmamaca

MrsBrown

To be honest we didnt bother with presents for anyone apart from our flower girls (who were all under 8). But we did pay for everything they needed, such as suit hire, bridesmaid dresses, button holes etc.

We just chatted to everyone and explained we werent going to bother and no one minded, however Mums and bridesmaids got to take home flowers from the tables rather than buying extra. We still had tons of flowers left over!!

We did however get our best man a badge that said Best man because it is a bit of a joke between Hubbie and his brother over who is best son!

We also didnt bother with ushers so that solved that problem too!!

MrsBrown, Apr 20, 2011
  7. emmamaca

Frogbitch

We bought engraved lighters for our best man and ushers.
    We also promised to take our best man out for a meal after the wedding. I'm not sure that's happened yet !

Frogbitch, Apr 21, 2011
  8. emmamaca

emmamaca

Engraved lighters... now that's a good idea! :D That's the ushers sorted.

I like the sound of an experience day for the best man, maybe a racing trip as him and H2B are mad about cars. :D

emmamaca, Apr 21, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question