Best Beauty Buys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Becky, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Becky

Becky

I've discovered a couple of really good products recently, and thought it would be a good idea to share with you all! :)

Rapid Lash - I heard some good reviews about this and decided to give it a try. It's an eye lash serum that you put on before you go to bed, and overtime it makes your lashes longer and thicker. I've been using it since the start of September and my lashes are already longer - with mascara on it looks quite dramatic! There is still plenty in the tube, so hopefully it will last for quite a while. Only downside is the price - at £40 it's quite a lot, but if you feel like treating yourself I'd really recommend it!

Protect and Perfect - The No7 skincare range from Boots. I've been using the body serum, and it's great! Really nice smell, absorbs easily without feeling greasy, and has made my skin feel a lot firmer. I've not tried the other products in the range, but I'm tempted to give it a go the next time they have a 3 for 2 offer on. The range always seems to rate very highly in tests against much more expensive products. Anyone else tried anything from this range?

And no, I'm not on commission from Boots!! :D

If anyone else has got any tips I'd love to hear them - being the product junkie that I am! :D

Becky, Oct 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

Mrs T2B (Kel)

Yep!

I quite like the Protect & Perfect range. It seems to suit my skin, absorbing and not leaving it greasy. I went to the No 7 counter in the Boots before our wedding and the girl on the counter was fab - she did a make over, letting my sister watch and writing down notes and colours for her. I then bought a bunch of the products she used and received a free trial kit of the eye serum, protect and perfect serum and day cream. I really liked it and went back to buy the full sized products a few weeks before the wedding so that my skin 'settled' into the new routine.

I've been pleased with my skin tone and feel ever since, and it's lasted ages, despite being £50 ish or so for the set (there was no 3for2 :) ).
    The day cream has a slightly odd smell, but it isn't unpleasant, and once it's rubbed in I can't smell it - I've tried some face creams that I can smell for the whole day!

Mrs T2B (Kel), Oct 27, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Becky

Ooh I'm really tempted to give the facial skincare stuff a try!

One thing I do struggle with is finding a good under-eye cream. I'm currently using one by Bobbi Brown which is nice - I've tried so many though!

Becky, Oct 28, 2010
  4. Becky

muckypaws

Hi just bought the soap and glory eye stuff three rollers to kind of massage the under eye ... Not to brill with my bags but works a treat to cover dark circles generally I stick to the boots range or olay but the soap and glory stuff is fab :(

muckypaws, Nov 8, 2010
  5. Becky

MrsBoucher2B2012

I love that gal by Benefit i rarely have time to put my make-up on so if i need to rush out i use this and then at least i dont look completely dead, the joys of motherhood being exhausted, looking exhausted and not have enough time to sleep or do make-up lol

MrsBoucher2B2012, Nov 8, 2010
  6. Becky

Becky

I've never tried That Gal before, but I love Benefit cosmetics so may well have to give it a go! Ta for the recommendation! :)

Becky, Nov 8, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question