Best And Worst Thing Youve Seen At A Wedding?!?!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by kennerturps, Apr 26, 2011.

1. kennerturps

kennerturps

I saw a link like this elsewhere and it gave me some inspiration and some lovely idea.. so come on ladies..

Whats the best things and the Worst things youve seen at a wedding?? xx

kennerturps, Apr 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. kennerturps

Becky

Ooh excellent idea!!

Best thing - bride and groom having a really fun (but not choreographed) first dance

Worst thing - Zebra print bridesmaid dresses!! :D

Becky, Apr 26, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. kennerturps

kennerturps

Oh i was talking to a friend the other day who is bridesmaid next year and she is wearing zebra... even the shoes. not nice. x

kennerturps, Apr 26, 2011
  4. kennerturps

Becky

The dress alone is a bit much, but shoes as well??! Eek!

Becky, Apr 26, 2011
  5. kennerturps

MrsBrown

Zebra!!!

Then again, I went to a wedding where the bride wore white and black dress with red roses, very nice! but she had older bridesmaids with yellow dresses and pink carnations and a small bridesmaid in a lilac dress and red roses!!!!!! Slightly confused colour scheme I think!

MrsBrown, Apr 26, 2011
  6. kennerturps

Helen

Most random - The groom and best man (my bf of the time) doing the full monty dance, taking off all their clothes then trying to do naked speeches before both passing out under the buffet table...

Best is always seeing people you care about being so happy.

Interesting - being at a wedding where the bride was deaf with a lot a deaf guests and they had karoke as entertainment? At least they didn't suffer listening to it!

Helen, Apr 27, 2011
  7. kennerturps

Frogbitch

The worst thing I've seen at a wedding would either be the bride who completely ignored me and turned her back when I arrived at her reception with friends (NO idea why!!!), or my first husband's BM speech at a friend's wedding. (Cliches are us!)

Frogbitch, Apr 27, 2011
  8. kennerturps

Anon_SA

Worst thing: the bride spending most of the reception smoking outside.

Best thing: seeing the groom swing the bride around his head during a first dance!

Anon_SA, Apr 27, 2011
  9. kennerturps

MrsC-to-be

Worst - bride and groom having a screaming match in the middle of the dance floor (both very much worse for wear!)

Best - the look on a friend's face when he saw his bride walking towards him - priceless! :)

MrsC-to-be, Apr 27, 2011
  10. kennerturps

MrsMay2011

Ha ha brill thread idea.

Worst thing I saw was also a row. bride and groom outside having a screaming match with everyone inside waiting for first dance and pretending not to know they had been off arguing when they got back.
    And horribly drunken groom (same wedding/groom as above!) red in face, sweaty and belligerent. no he would NOT come and meet brides friends (us) who had just walked in and were standing in front of him. Cue him wrenching his arm out of brides grasp and staggering back to his mates. Cringe.

In a different vein went to a wedding which had a lovely tasteful jazz band playing all evening - but no-one could dance to it, it got really awkward as the dance floor was totally empty felt bad for them :-/ similarly went to wedding where they'd hooked up an mp3 for music but forgotten to set it to no gaps between songs. I know it's only a few seconds but when the entire dance floor is waiting with bated breath it wasn't the best, otherwise was a lovely wedding though.

MrsMay2011, May 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question