Becky's Planning Thread!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Becky, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Becky

Becky

Think I mentioned previously that I'm having a boudoir shoot done for Ian's present... I got an 'outfit' today! :)

[​IMG]

It's from Agent Provocateur - the lady in the shop was so nice and helpful! Can't wait to tart around in it :lol:

Becky, Apr 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

Frogbitch

My MOH tried for weeks to get me an AP garter for my wedding, but it was out of stock.
    You're very brave doing this. There's no way I'd do one of those shoots!!!

Frogbitch, Apr 6, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Becky

I know - brave or mad!! :) :lol:

Becky, Apr 6, 2011
  4. Becky

Helen

Gorgeous! I bet you have an awesome time. :)

Helen, Apr 6, 2011
  5. Becky

Helen

Gorgeous! I bet you have an awesome time. :)

Helen, Apr 6, 2011
  6. Becky

iPrincess26

What a fab outfit, i'm sure you'll have a great time, I wanted to do one for OH for christmas but couldn't afford it but given that i'm into photography I had a go at doing one myself and was happy with the results and my OH was over the moon with the pics.

Only bit of advice is relax and enjoy it!

:)

iPrincess26, Apr 6, 2011
  7. Becky

Anon_SA

Jeeeeeaaaalllloooouuuussssssss!

Anon_SA, Apr 6, 2011
  8. Becky

Sez

haha i did that too, very pin up tattoo style. Ended up sending them off to an alternative model agency and they want to see more of my stuff!

loving it outfit... its gorgeous!

Sez, Apr 7, 2011
  9. Becky

poppleminster

Very cool :( WHen is it? You'll have so much fun.

poppleminster, Apr 7, 2011
  10. Becky

Becky

Wow that's brilliant!! :( I'm just hoping to not make a complete arse of myself (perhaps the wrong terminology to use here...)

It's on Saturday - Ian knows I'm up to 'secret wedding business' but hopefully he hasn't guessed. I thought it would be a bit of a give away to go out with a big bag full of stuff, so I've been gathering things at work (as the place is just round the corner). So far I have my AP outfit, a sexy pair of red heels, and various other bits and bobs stashed away in my cupboard. Goodness knows what anyone would think if they discover it!! :)

Becky, Apr 7, 2011
  11. Becky

poppleminster

They will probably think you have a high class lunchtime sideline!!!! Shocking! :( Either that or they'll be dead jealous of Ian!

poppleminster, Apr 7, 2011
  12. Becky

Becky

HA HA!!!! :)

Becky, Apr 7, 2011
  13. Becky

Sez

aww you'll look amazing! Very jealous, i wanted to have one of these shoots done but cant afford it right now! you'll have a great time!

Sez, Apr 8, 2011
  14. Becky

Becky

Eek it's today! Nervous but excited! :(

Becky, Apr 9, 2011
  15. Becky

MrsBoucher2B2012

have fun

MrsBoucher2B2012, Apr 9, 2011
  16. Becky

poppleminster

Oooh how did it go? :(

poppleminster, Apr 9, 2011
  17. Becky

iPrincess26

How was it? Hope you enjoyed yourself. :(

iPrincess26, Apr 10, 2011
  18. Becky

Becky

It was AMAZING!!! :)

Had so much fun, and it made me feel really good about myself which is nice. The experience started off with make-up which is a treat in itself - she did smokey eyes and it looked great. After that the female photographer (Alex - she was so lovely!) took me through to the studio and explained what we were going to do, and asked me to lay out my outfits etc. We chose which to use first - the AP outfit due to the difficulty of getting the waspie on and off!! - and so it began...

It's quite odd being naked around someone you've only just met, but she was so nice and really put me at ease. And she has clearly seen it all before (and has taken part in shoots herself) which really helps. So we did lots of shots in the AP outfit, then some shots where I was completely naked :( and then more in my other outfit. I also used my trench coat as a prop - Ian always refers to it as my 'flasher mac' and now it's true!! :lol:

Throughout it all, Alex told me exactly how to pose and what to do for a flattering effect. Some of it felt really uncomfortable and exhausting, but SO worth it. A side effect I wasn't expecting is that I've got a really sore back today from all the flexing and arching!!

I got to see some of the photos afterwards, and I just could not believe they were me. They were incredible - the lighting and poses are just so flattering! Can't wait until they are all ready to see properly - should be 5 days or so.

All in all, it was an amazing experience, and I would thoroughly recommend it. Ian is going to absolutely love it!! :D

Becky, Apr 10, 2011
  19. Becky

Becky

Got my second dress fitting tomorrow night (the first one being a waste of time thanks to the shoe disaster...) - will hopefully be able to post some pictures afterwards :D

Had a meeting with the florist last night which was really good - I really trust them to do a good job, and it's so nice to know that I can just leave them to it. This is what we're having on the tables (11 in total):

• Top table #1 (me, Ian, best man, bridesmaids and partners) - low floral display (the one we'll use on the register table), including a tank for my bouquet. Nothing quite like a bit of doubling up! :)
    • Top table #2 (all the parents!!) - 3 decorated tanks for the BM bouquets
    • 6 tables - silver coloured candelabras with circlet of flowers round the top
    • 3 tables - silver coloured candelabras with crystals hanging from the arms.

The candelabras will all be on mirror plates with tealights on them. They will also double up as ceremony room decoration - stood on plinths either side of the aisle! :)

I'm slowly working my way through the massive list of things yet to do...

18 DAYS!!! :D

Becky, Apr 19, 2011
  20. Becky

Helen

That sounds fab!

We are doubling our flowers up - our reception and my parents ruby party that is a week later, so hope the flowers will be ok going in transit for 140 miles! :)

Love the sound of the candelabras, can't wait to see some pics when I'm back from Canada :)

I finished altering oh's trousers last night so got to give them an iron and get him to try them on again. My dress box arrived yesterday too as I'm taking it as hand luggage, exciting! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Good luck with dress fitting number 2!!!!!!

Helen, Apr 20, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question