Becky's Planning Thread!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Becky, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Becky

Becky

More good news - we got Ian's suit today! It was the first one he tried on too!! :blink:

It's light grey, and slim fitting (not a wedding suit, just a normal one). He tried it on with a white shirt and it just looked too business like (which is really not him), so the guy in the shop managed to find a shirt that is the same colour as the BM dresses and it looked amazing!! He's really happy with it - and I am because he looks absolutely gorgeous in it! :D

Becky, Mar 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

poppleminster

awwwwww cute. Not long now! I am soooo jealous :blink:

poppleminster, Mar 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Becky

Picture below (not Ian - he's not that much of a poser):

Suit.jpg

Becky, Mar 5, 2011
  4. Becky

poppleminster

Looks very cool. It's all coming together for you now so quicky! xxx

poppleminster, Mar 7, 2011
  5. Becky

Becky

I'm having second thoughts about my hair :)

Mum didn't like it - but rather unhelpfully couldn't explain what she didn't like or what she would change. One of my BMs thinks it would look better if I had a shorter bob cut, with layers and lots of volume on the day (with similar backcombing behind the headpiece to the trial).

Not heard from my MOH yet, but she is usually brutally honest and will tell it like it is. I don't want another trial, so if I do change my mind I'll have to just hope it goes ok! I would have thought it would be fairly straight forward...

AAAGGGGHHHH!!!

Becky, Mar 8, 2011
  6. Becky

Anon_SA

Nooooooo! Don't stress...

What made you go for your hair on the trial in the first place? Did you see any photos or have a specific picture in your head?

Would you be having second thoughts if your mum liked it?

Sorry I'm not being very helpful am I? I do like the new idea you described, and I think it would look great with your dress, but your hair in the trial looked fab, so I say don't change it completely if you were happy! Maybe just for more height in the same style as a best of both worlds scenario?! x

Anon_SA, Mar 8, 2011
  7. Becky

poppleminster

Oh people are so unhelpful! With your gorgeous dress, you don't need big hair. Your dress and the hair as you had it on the trial and the make-up as they did it on that trial will look awesome together. Your mother hasn't seen it all together so maybe she's not picturing it that way. If you liked it, stick with it - you'll be more comfortable and confident with the style that's 'you' than one you don't like quite as much but change to to please others. :) xxx

poppleminster, Mar 9, 2011
  8. Becky

Becky

Got Mum's outfit today! :) We went to a shop in Harrogate called Snooty Frox (he he great name) and there was so much choice.

I made Mum try on something that she didn't want to try on, and she loved it! What she wanted was a knee length turquoise dress with a little jacket... what she got was...

Mum 1.jpg

She completely fell in love with the shoes that she tried on with the dress - they look lovely just peeking out

Mum shoes.jpg

How exciting!! :D

Becky, Mar 12, 2011
  9. Becky

Anon_SA

AMAZING!!!! I went to Harrogate with Richard's mum to get her outfit - we were planning on going to Snooty Frox but found her outfit in the first shop anyway!

Anon_SA, Mar 12, 2011
  10. Becky

Becky

Ah yes I remember you saying you found an outfit in Harrogate! We tried a shop in Cheadle Hulme first and it didn't have much to choose from, so I'm glad we went to Harrogate. They had a lovely tearoom too - such a good idea in a place like that! We had coffee and a toasted tea cake before the mission started, and tea and cakes afterwards :D

Becky, Mar 12, 2011
  11. Becky

MrsBoucher2B2012

lovely, she looks happy

MrsBoucher2B2012, Mar 12, 2011
  12. Becky

poppleminster

I l;ove the purple, it really suits her. It's funny how sometimes when we try on stuff we'd never choose ourselves it suits us! I did the same with my wedding dress :D

poppleminster, Mar 13, 2011
  13. Becky

Becky

Yeah, I was the same with my wedding dress too! :D Once she tried on that style she knew it was the one she wanted... and then spent the next hour and a half trying on the same outfit in a different colour... and then back to the first... and then the different colour...!!! :) She also had to have the opinion from EVERY person in the shop - and it's a big shop! Got there in the end though, so shouldn't complain really ;)

Becky, Mar 14, 2011
  14. Becky

Becky

Ok I've made a decision about hair - I'm having a bob :D

It's currently a longish bob, so will just need to be cut a bit shorter. For the day, it will be styled with lots of volume (similar to the top of the hair style in my trial), except the overall look will be more chic ;)

Hooray for making decisions! :)

Becky, Mar 17, 2011
  15. Becky

poppleminster

That will really suit you :D Glad you've found something you're happy with.

poppleminster, Mar 17, 2011
  16. Becky

iPrincess26

Becky I can't remember which thread we were talking about the veil on but thought this one should be safe from Ian's eyes! Not the greatest quality photo's but here are some pic's of the veil, on one it does look like the gaps in the fabric are massive but they aren't and the edging is plain and the comb is to and only there to secure it in your hair you can't see it otherwise. Let me know if you want it, if not it shall go on ebay as it's free listings this weekend!

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

iPrincess26, Mar 18, 2011
  17. Becky

Becky

Aw thank you so much for taking the pictures :eek: Since I've had a rethink about my hair I think I've decided against a veil for now... my hair is so fine, and I think it would pull down on what precious little volume the hairdresser manages to create! I hope it goes to a good home though, and thanks again :D

Becky, Mar 18, 2011
  18. Becky

iPrincess26

No problems hun, it has joined a whole host of other items on ebay today - just hope that they all sell at a half decent price as we need the money! :eek:

iPrincess26, Mar 19, 2011
  19. Becky

Helen

I love your make up and your mum's outfit is lovely :D Looking forward to seeing your new hair!

Helen, Mar 27, 2011
  20. Becky

Becky

Hooray, got the shoes and accessories for my last BM! :D everyone has something different - she wanted super spangly!

Shoes from Dune

Earrings and necklace from Mikey

Can't seem to find a picture of the necklace on the website which is odd, but it's the same design as the earrings.

It's all so twinkly! We're such magpies!! :D

Becky, Mar 27, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question