Becky's Planning Thread!

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Becky, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Becky

Becky

Hair trial tonight and make-up trial tomorrow - I'm so excited!! :D Will post pictures as soon as I can!

And another thing... I've booked Ian's present - I'm doing a boudoir shoot with For Your Eyes Only :D :lol:

Becky, Mar 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Becky

Sez

ooh i love that company... i nearly got a job with them

Sez, Mar 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Becky

Helen

Ohh exciting! When are you having it done?

I'd really like to do that but oh would be really upset that he didn't get to take the photos! We do our own mini photos shoots most months and he loves it so he already has a lot of photos of me too :D :D

Helen, Mar 2, 2011
  4. Becky

Anon_SA

My hair and make up trial is tomorrow too!!! :lol:

And I also enquired about doing one of those photoshoots - have chickened out though at the moment because I don't have the right clothes/underwear/the money to buy them/the money to go for the dressing up shoot! Boooooo! Still really want to do it though.... what package are you going for?

Anon_SA, Mar 2, 2011
  5. Becky

MrsLetts2Be

Im doing one of these shoots but saving it for our first anniversairy after all 1st anniversairy is paper :D xx

MrsLetts2Be, Mar 2, 2011
  6. Becky

Becky

Here is the hair:

Hair 1.jpg Hair 2.jpg

(please excuse the face, I'm knackered!!)

It will be a bit tidier on the day, but I love how he actually managed to make my hair look like it has volume! Also should look really nice with my hair piece (had to use a stand-in as mine is still at the shop)

At FYEO I'm having the 'Fabulous' package - I'm really looking forward to it, but slightly terrified at the same time!! :D

On a different note - we have just bought our wedding rings - we got them from.... wait for it... AMAZON!!! :lol: We just wanted plain bands, and even though mine is platinum it was only £250 for a 3mm band. Bargain! :D

Becky, Mar 2, 2011
  7. Becky

MrsC2Be

Looks lovely, glad you like it too :D

Bargain on the rings too! Good work :D

MrsC2Be, Mar 2, 2011
  8. Becky

poppleminster

Awesome bargain on the rings and I love the hair :D Will look fab with your dress.

poppleminster, Mar 3, 2011
  9. Becky

Helen

I love your hair! That style will work so well with your dress :D

Bargain on the rings! The jeweller I ordered mine from rang up today to say it is ready so might go and pick it up later today, exciting :D

Helen, Mar 3, 2011
  10. Becky

sonia

Becky - Wow your dress is AMAZING and your headpiece to die for x

sonia, Mar 3, 2011
  11. Becky

Becky

I had the make-up trial last night and it went really well! I'm going with Maggie Make-Up - she does a lot of professional shoots and really knows her stuff.

I showed her a sample of the dress fabric, and showed her pictures of the BM dresses, flowers etc and based on all that she had two main ideas - a more neutral palette, and more dramatic blues / purples. As I wasn't going out afterwards she did one look on one side of my face and another look on the other!! :D My favourite was the blues / purples, so she did the other eye to match. I'm so pleased! Photos aren't great, but I'll post them soon :blink:

Becky, Mar 4, 2011
  12. Becky

poppleminster

Sounds lovely, very cool that she made it personal to match your day - it will make you feel a million dollars!

poppleminster, Mar 4, 2011
  13. Becky

Becky

Here are the pics, although they are a bit rubbish!!

I've cropped the first to just show the chosen look - the blusher I will have on the day will be pinky instead of bronzy though, and I probably won't have lipstick (natural lips instead)

1.jpg 2.jpg

Becky, Mar 4, 2011
  14. Becky

Anon_SA

I love that lipstick on you though - I've heard a lot of people say that without lipstick you might look a bit washed out on photos, but obviously totally up to you. But that colour looks great - still natural-looking enough I think!

Love the bluey purply colour on the eyes - really goes with your hair colour!!

Quite a coincidence that we had our trails at the same time and we're almost date twins!

Anon_SA, Mar 4, 2011
  15. Becky

Becky

Thanks! She actually mixed three different ones together to get that colour, and there was clear gloss on the top. She said that if I opted for lippy on the day she would mix up a little pot of the same colour so that I could touch it up during the day :blink:

The only downside with lipstick for me is that Ian never wants to kiss me when I wear it!! :D Not such a great thing on your wedding day...!! I'm thinking I might get a lip tint instead - maybe one of those new ones by Max Factor.

Becky, Mar 4, 2011
  16. Becky

Anon_SA

Do you know what, I'm worried about the same thing - I never want to kiss Richard when I'm wearing lipstick as I don't want to ruin it and get it on him! Still, I might have to forego the worry and just get on with it, because I look hot with bright red lipstick on :blink: My makeup artist said she'd buy me the lipstick she uses on me and give it to me for the day which is nice of her! If it gets ruined and/or all over Richard, I can just touch it up again!

Anon_SA, Mar 4, 2011
  17. Becky

Zoe

Gosh, you two are putting me to shame. I've got my hair trial on 9th April, but not sorted out make-up. Was planning on doing my own, but yours look lovely. Google searches coming my way me thinks!!

Zoe, Mar 4, 2011
  18. Becky

MrsBrown

I dont normally wear lipstick so when she put some on in my trial I hated it. I ended up with a slightly tinted lipgloss and to be honest I was so busy on the day I forgot to reapply it. I think lipstick is great and looks lovely if you normally wear it, but you really should go with what feels right.

MrsBrown, Mar 4, 2011
  19. Becky

poppleminster

Sounds daft but try cherry lipsalve. Cost about £1.99 but leaves a subtle tint on your lips and still lets you be kissable! I am a stubborn chanel fan for lipsticks but since discovering the lipsalves, I now have them in several flavours / colours.

poppleminster, Mar 5, 2011
  20. Becky

Becky

I may well just do that! :blink: I usually only wear lip balm, so it would feel more like me!

Becky, Mar 5, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question