Barn Type Venus - Cheshire

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by Sarsaparilla, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Sarsaparilla

Sarsaparilla

I'm keen on having a simple reception, I want to do all the decorations myself and don't really want anywhere that makes us stick to a set package - I like the idea of hiring some kind of barn and getting careters etc in ourselves

Does anyone know of anywhere in Cheshire for this type of venue, it doesn't have to be somewhere that's typically used for weddings and we're having a church service so it doesn't need a licence :(

Sarsaparilla, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Sarsaparilla

ElmoGrace

ElmoGrace, Apr 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Sarsaparilla

Becky

I'm getting married at Sandhole Oak Barn - it's gorgeous! :) Might not be exactly what you're looking for though as there is only a choice of two caterers, but that's the only limiting factor.

Another venue we were looking at was Styal Lodge but I don't know too much about it.

Just found another one - admittedly it is in Staffordshire technically! - but it does look nice :) The Ashes

Becky, Apr 14, 2011
  4. Sarsaparilla

MrsBrown

Hi, I got married in a national trust barn.. but in yorkshire.Trub is lots of the national trust venues are listed buildings so they get very strict on decor, I had the choice of 2 caterers, 2 florists, 2 photographers and could not use a single drawing pin ha ha! We hung our bunting by swinging it over the beams and had to take it down by 9am the next morning! We took it down that night to get it done.. was quite funny, a tipsy bride in a large dress up a ladder ha ha!!

Good luck, hope you find somewhere nice.

MrsBrown, Apr 15, 2011
  5. Sarsaparilla

Helen

Check out large village/church halls, cricket pavillions, racecourses and agricultural showgrounds :)

Helen, Apr 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question