Argh! Metabolism..speed Up Please?

Discussion in 'Weight loss and Fitness' started by May2010bride, May 30, 2010.

1. May2010bride

May2010bride

ARGH!? [​IMG]

I just checked my weight against my weight three months ago (was doing a diet plan through livestrong.com)..I haven't lost/gained a smegging pound!
    I've lost major boob-age, going from a 34DD to a 32D, but apart from that..nada, my fat/muscle ration is still pretty much the same too!!
    GRRH!

I've tried eating loads more chilli/hot foods & drinking ice cold water but it's not helped. I eat a *usually* healthly diet (for my height/weight recommended 1600cal a day for 1lb of weight loss a week); I don't drink or smoke.

I work out 6 days a week (3 days of weight training, 2 days of high intensity cardio/aerobics, 1 day of yoga/low impact stuff) & walk 3-6 miles 2/3 times a week...I have an active job & am on my feet all day.

Help please?
    Anyone else in a similar situation?

May2010bride, May 30, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. May2010bride

flo2310

Hi! I have to say that I am very similar... since I left school... all the way through uni... and since I graduated I have ALWAYS weighed the same, or vaired up or down by 4 or 5 lbs or so...

I exercise and eat Ok... maybe could be better (couldn't we all??!) I just find it very difficult to lose weight! I started the Rosemary Conley diet (see my other thread) with literally tells you what to eat each day (gives you mix and match options for meals) and limits your Kcal intake to 1200 a day for 2 weeks then 1400 a day for two weeks then gives you an ideal Kcal level for maintaining your new figure. I have been doing it for a week and feel great! Have lost 2" from my waist, 1" from my hips and also 1" from my bust (H2B not so pleased with that one:p). I have also lost 2lbs! I am SO pleased with myself for keeping to the diet and it really has been so easy! I hope that it continues this way, would love to lose a bit more round my waist and drop a few more lbs to be under 11 stone (ideally 10 and half). She says you can lose a stone in a month... don't really feel that is realistic, but it happens for some (I think the more you have to lose the easier it is..)

Looks like you have a good lifestyle, have you though about writing down a "food diary" with everything you eat and drink - can really be an eye opener! I realised I was eating the same amount as my H2B at supper time which is a ridiculous amount (prob at least double what I should be eating!)

Hope that helps!
    Good luck :)

Flo xx

flo2310, May 31, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. May2010bride

May2010bride

I do a food diary atm, on livestrong.com...it lets you add activites/calories burnt during the day, to work out if you're in negative/positive calorie consumption AND it has an extensive list of food (had to put a muller corner on there the other day, spent about 10 minutes looking for the exact one)!

Hubby is doing me a food/exercise plan tomorrow morning, he's more into his fitness than I am, so will be helping me train (possibly by driving me to the middle of a field & making me walk home, wouldn't blame him, been bitching about my non-exisistent weight loss all last month!), I'm thinking of doing something to aim for; either a 10km run or so I can be fit enough to join a local (kick?) boxing group, most people I work with either kick-box, box, weight train or pothole.

It's so true! The more you have, the easier it is to loose!! I went from 9 & a half to 9 stone in 4 months (aug-nov last year), am now at 8st 10...but I just don't feel like *me* in my skin...

Good luck to you too Flo!

xx

May2010bride, Jun 3, 2010
  4. May2010bride

LoubieLou

With your weight training you will probably have lost fatty weight but put on muscle weight.

LoubieLou, Jul 24, 2010
  5. May2010bride

bella.sy

Try c-lium. It's a natural fiber. Drink it with water or juice 30 mins. before breakfast and another one before dinner. That would help.

bella.sy, Mar 29, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question