Are You Going To Wear A Veil?

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by mrsfitter, May 12, 2010.

1. mrsfitter

mrsfitter

A big hello from the new kid on the block [​IMG]

I was wondering who here is going to wear a veil on their wedding? I wasn't going to but I am now starting to look for dresses and my mum said she really regretted not wearing one.

Do many people wear veils nowadays? I've only been to one wedding before so I don't have much experience of it.

BTW, I'm getting married next year, or in 479 days to be precise, lol.

mrsfitter, May 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. mrsfitter

ilovepink1984

Hi there. Welcome to the forum! I am going to have a veil although I'm not sure what type yet. I never considered not having one although there are so many different ones its hard to choose!! Won't be wearing it over my face though like tradition, just leaving it back. I quite like the cathedral length - floor length ones - but they can be very expensive!! I have pearls and diamantes on my dress so was thinking of having these on my veil but that pushes the price up. Don't feel like you have to wear a veil. Try dresses on with and without them and see what you prefer, with some dresses a veil really finishes the look off. I know when I tryed a veil on they made me feel like a proper bride!!

ilovepink1984, May 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. mrsfitter

Julieann Beads

Why not wear a veil for the ceremony and then take it off for the celebration? Team with a tiara or comb etc gives you two looks for the price of one.

Julieann Beads, May 12, 2010
  4. mrsfitter

Julieann Beads

Why not opt for a cheaper plain veil (these don't date so much) but team it with a tiara or comb or grips/pins etc that pick up the diamante and crystal detailing on your dress. Take the veil off for the celebration and let the hair accessories sparkle!

Julieann Beads, May 12, 2010
  5. mrsfitter

Mrsg2b2011

Hi hun, I am having a veil & tiara, but am not having the veil over my face just prob under my hairstyle if I have it up! I will be taking it off probably after the 1st dance as if my hair is going to cast alot of money I want to show it off lol.
    Mine will probably come down to my back not massivley long but not really short either. Will have swarvoski crystals on it to so hopefully it will twinkle away while we get married! xxx [​IMG]

Mrsg2b2011, May 12, 2010
  6. mrsfitter

MrsWard2b

Hi girls. I am having a short veil, with a hairband instead of a tiara. I will be wearing it over my face, I just love that old bit of tradition. I was like ilovepink1984, once I put the veil on I felt like a proper bride. But each to their own, if you don't feel you want one, don;t have one. But I would suggest trying one with your dress to be sure. x

MrsWard2b, May 12, 2010
  7. mrsfitter

MrsApplen2be

I never thought I would like a veil until in the first dress shop they put one on me and I went "OMG IM A BRIDE!" I love the veil as much as the dress lol. I absolutely worshiped the cathedral length veils (full length to floor) but my dress has a gorgeous train and I didnt want anything covering it up so im having one that falls to the bottom of my back. Some people know what their called I dont. I think it has 2 tiers possibly. Does have swarzoshcky

MrsApplen2be, May 12, 2010
  8. mrsfitter

Rustysgirl

I agree. I had the 'bride' feeling too when I put one on. I initiallty thought I'd just have flowers in my hair or something, but once I tried on a veil I never looked back. Now I'm having a sparkly tiara comb, earrings and bracelet to match with an elbow length plain veil - very different from my initial plans. It was only £10 from ebay buts its great and I think I'll jut wear it for the ceremony then take it off for the recepetion

I think nowerdays, more brides tend to wear one than don't

Rustysgirl, May 12, 2010
  9. mrsfitter

vhc

i want to wear a veil, but i can't.

when i was confirmed, we all had to wear a veil: mine wasn't put on far forward enough, so all the way through the service i could feel it slipping back on my heaad, and being a good, well-behaved girl, i couldn't put my hands up to straighten it and sort it out. I spent more time in the service thinking about the veil than the confirmation! [​IMG]

i don't want to worry about going through that again!
    I'll be wearing my hair down with a head band, not a tiara, so hopefully i won't have to worry about what my head's doing!

vhc, May 13, 2010
  10. mrsfitter

fall3n-ang3l

i wasnt goin to wear one but i told h2b and he said he would like me to have one,so i have [​IMG]

sarah

fall3n-ang3l, May 13, 2010
  11. mrsfitter

liam5jamie4cara0

im getting married november 2011 the 12th cant wait with my brill family lilac theme n champagne colour wedding dress i want a vail got loads sorted pleased ive found this web site now i dont have to pester my partner about it lol [​IMG] [​IMG]

liam5jamie4cara0, May 15, 2010
  12. mrsfitter

Becky

Hi liam5jamie4cara0 - welcome to the site!

I never thought I would want a veil, but I'm thinking of having a very simple cathedral length one. vhc - I know what you mean about it feeling like it's going to fall out - that is what concerns me! I've got very fine hair so I'm worried it won't stay put. However, it'll just be for the ceremony so hopefully it won't be a problem.

I've heard that spraying the comb with hairspray helps it stay put - anyone know if this works?

Becky, May 15, 2010
  13. mrsfitter

vhc

ooh, that's a good tip.

[​IMG]

vhc, May 15, 2010
  14. mrsfitter

Helen

I'm not going to have one but I am having flowers in my hair instead :)

Helen, May 15, 2010
  15. mrsfitter

Helen

ps my friend used hairspray to fix hers and she said it did work :)

Helen, May 15, 2010
  16. mrsfitter

Becky

Excellent, thanks!

Becky, May 15, 2010
  17. mrsfitter

mrsfitter

OK I'm going to try one out and see what I think :D

mrsfitter, May 15, 2010
  18. mrsfitter

iPrincess26

I wasn't going to have one but h2b wanted me to, so now i have a cathedral length one. It's plain (as have a very sparkly tiara and lots of detail in my dress) and just a single tier as I tried them with 2 tiers and over my face and looked and felt silly. Got it made to my specifications from a lady on ebay £26.99 including postage - Bargain.

iPrincess26, May 17, 2010
  19. mrsfitter

MrsBoucher2B2012

You could always buy a cheaper one off ebay or from a bridal shop and then just add the pearls to it yourself.

I have always wanted to wear a veil not sure if i want it over my face or not. I think i would choose a plain waist length one.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 5, 2010
  20. mrsfitter

Frogbitch

I'm getting married for the second time so I won't be wearing a veil, and I don't think it would suit my dress to have one anyway.
    I think alot of brides do still wear veils, but many don't put them over their faces.
    I'd be too scared of getting red lipstick all over it!

Frogbitch, Jun 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question