Anyone Ttc Before There Wedding Day

Discussion in 'Pregnancy, Babies and Children' started by mrswaite2be, May 3, 2010.

1. mrswaite2be

mrswaite2be

hi,
    just finished my last pack of pills few days ago, we don`t get married till september but heard it may take few months to get my cycle back on track but hoping to be expecting before the big day anyone else ttc before there big day x

mrswaite2be, May 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. mrswaite2be

gozzle

Sorry if this is a silly question. Is TTC, trying to conceive? :)

Finger crossed for you B)

gozzle, May 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. mrswaite2be

MrsApplen2be

I haven't tried to conceive before the wedding. But it definately will take a few months for the cycle to relugate back to normal. I want to TTC after the wedding. x

MrsApplen2be, May 3, 2010
  4. mrswaite2be

ilovepink1984

I'm not TTC before the wedding as I already have 2 little monsters [​IMG] but just thought I'd add that I came off the pill for my second baby and started trying and I conceived in the first month! So it doesn't always take your cycle a few months to regulate back to normal. Just a word of warning - you don't want to get pregnant straight away and not be able to fit into your dress! Good luck xxx

ilovepink1984, May 4, 2010
  5. mrswaite2be

WelshBride

We already have a little boy and would love another baby! We we're planing on TTC in plenty of time before the big day and then if we were lucky we were going to announce it then, but when I really thought about it I dont want to be worrying if my dress will fit me or not, and I dont want to miss out on a hen night [​IMG] Plans are now to TTC after my hen night which is a mth before our wedding [​IMG]

As ilovepink said it doesnt always take a few mths for your cycle to sort itself out, so unless you do want a baby bump on your day be careful. In the meantime though you can always have lots of fun practising [​IMG]

WelshBride, May 4, 2010
  6. mrswaite2be

MrsApplen2be

Lol well.....on the box it says they take a while to regulate lol but suppose thats just life nothings ever like it says on the box......and it was the fear of the baby bump and dress that made me think ill wait till after wedding. x

MrsApplen2be, May 4, 2010
  7. mrswaite2be

mrsharrison2b

I am definately going to wait until after the wedding. Two of my friends fell pregnant within the first month of coming off the pill and they had both been taking it for over 10 years. Dont be fooled [​IMG]

mrsharrison2b, May 9, 2010
  8. mrswaite2be

MrsBoucher2B2012

I fell pregnant while i was on the pill so we already have a little princess, we have moved our wedding to 2012 so our daughter will be just over 2 and a half and will be my flower girl. Im hoping to go back on the pill soon so i hope it works this time. My friend was on it for a few years and fell pregnant the month after she came off it, it doesnt always take a few months.

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 17, 2010
  9. mrswaite2be

LoubieLou

I'm trying to conceive already wedding is 4the June 2011. But been trying for almost a year already and still no baby so Im not holding out much hope if im honest.

LoubieLou, May 17, 2010
  10. mrswaite2be

Mrswalton2be

Id love a baby now but we have the wedding just over a year away and I dont want no stress with fitting in my dress etc... We will be ttc from our wedding night [​IMG]

Mrswalton2be, May 25, 2010
  11. mrswaite2be

Scarlett~lady

I got Pregnant after a year off the pill but I know loads of ladies that got pregnant after coming off the pill after a couple of weeks, one of my friends missed one pill and got pregnant!! I believe I didnt get pregnant because I thought about it too much!! I got engaged in Feb, stopped thinking about it and got pregnant in april! Getting Pregnant before your wedding entails more than just not fitting into your dress, you cant toast your wedding (well get sloshed anyway), you might not be able to go on honeymoon abroad depending on how many weeks you are! Not trying to put you off by any means but I've also put my wedding off until my little girl was here and able to enjoy the day

Scarlett~lady, May 28, 2010
  12. mrswaite2be

lolly1981

hello
    we have been TTC officially since january (but not trying, not protecting for a year bfore taht) I get married on the 7th august and would be incredibly happy to fall b4 the wedding :)

But youre right it can take a while for your cycles to regulate but as people have pointed out it can happen very quickly...a friedn has just found she spg only stopped the pill 7 weeks ago. shes now whinging taht she wish it took longer...cant please soem people hey lol .

good luck with it all xx

lolly1981, Jun 6, 2010
  13. mrswaite2be

LoubieLou

Well my idea of ttc and it not working before the wedding back fired a little lol 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant. baby due 8 days before wedding but being induced 2 weeks before that.

Good luck ladies xx

LoubieLou, Nov 1, 2010
  14. mrswaite2be

MrsBrown

Hubbie and I have been ttc since our wedding, 6 months now. I know they say you shouldnt worry until after a year but my goodness it is hard!! Everyone around me, work colleagues and friends seem to be getting pregnant and though I am pleased for them, its tough!! Oh and everyone seems to be saying... well we werent really trying it just sorta happened... Sometimes I want to screen!!! I went to a meeting yesterday, and I was the only one who wasnt pregnant.. !!

We tried the ovulation sticks last month... that sorta made it worse... according to the sticks I didnt ovulate... but then in mad panic and stress I found some info that says you can miss the hormones that say you have ovulated (you get a faint line on the sticks in this case) However I seriously think you can find out exactly what you want to read if you read enough.

Anyway, not really asking any questions and although i know this a wedding forum, but I thought i would share my experience and maybe some of you ladies will be able to give me positive vibes, or even funny stories!!! My godness I need them.

P.s I am going to new york in 2 weeks because my period started.... seriously!! My not very spontaneous husband, said we were going when I burst into tears!! I am making a list of destinations for the forthcoming months!!

MrsBrown, Mar 3, 2011
  15. mrswaite2be

Zoe

Fingers crossed it'll happen for you in New York. You can then do a posh n becks and name it after an area there.

I was lucky enough to fall pregnant straight away (ruined the oh's idea of practicing for months)! We are hoping to try for another one after the wedding, but I know I'll feel pressure as Rhys was conceived so quickly.

Zoe, Mar 4, 2011
  16. mrswaite2be

MrsBoucher2B2012

We are planning on trying for a spring summer baby after the wedding, it is too dangerous for me to give birth in the cold weather again, so we will only have a few months where we can try. My last load of the pill will end 2 weeks before my wedding so that will be 1 week for the period and hopefully my body wont go nuts the 2nd week. I know you should wait to have a normal period before you start trying but if we do that we only have August, September, October and November to conceive yikes no pressure there then.[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Mar 4, 2011
  17. mrswaite2be

MrsBrown

I hope it happens for you ladies two!

Naming after New york was what my huddy said too, but my dates wont work out so if a baby is conceived this month it would have to be named after where we live... Bradford Brown... what do you reckon ha ha!!???

MrsBrown, Mar 4, 2011
  18. mrswaite2be

Mrsg2b2011

Oooh not long for you now with baby & wedding!! Bet you are so excited!! Good luck with it all!! What a wonderful guest of honour at your wedding xx

Mrsg2b2011, May 7, 2011
  19. mrswaite2be

MrsMay2011

Mrs Brown we'll just miss each other in NYC - I'll have just left! You can visit my wedding venue the Ladies Pavilion in the park lol.

My BM tried for 5 months before getting preg, but was actually 'trying but not really' for nearly 9 months before then,if that story is any comfort x

We are going to start trying on the wedding night, but (unbeknownst to h2b!!!) I'll actually still be on the pill as I'm frightened of getting my period while were in NYC! so really it'll be when we come back. Do you have to finish a pack before 'coming off' the pill or can you just randomly stop?

MrsMay2011, May 9, 2011
  20. mrswaite2be

MrsBrown

Hi we were in NYC in March it was amazing! it snowed whilst we were there but will hopefully be nice for you now. The snow was amazing too though.

We are on month 9 of trying now, no joy! though got to have some tests regarding another sort of related issue, so that might give a clue why.

We didnt try on our wedding night.. we were far too bloody knackered haha!! Not sure about coming off pill, but I would think it would mess up your cycle a little so maybe better finishing and then having your period and not going back.. will help you know your dates at least.

MrsBrown, May 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question