Anyone Got A Webshop? Need Advice.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by poppleminster, Feb 10, 2011.

1. poppleminster

poppleminster

I have just ordered my domain name but need a decent but very inexpensive place to create a webshop. Any advice?

poppleminster, Feb 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. poppleminster

Ian Administrator

I've not got any experience with web shops unfortunately, although I know you can re-direct domains to ebay stores if that's any use?

Hopefully someone else here will have more experience and can recommend something :).

You could always get some free hosting from Google or your similar and then use Paypal to sell things yourself, but that may be more complicated to set up.

Ian, Feb 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. poppleminster

Frogbitch

I won't see Russ till Saturday night, but pm me if you have specific questions, here or on facebook.

Frogbitch, Feb 10, 2011
  4. poppleminster

poppleminster

Thanks guys. I've tried the webshop thingy on 123 reg where I bought the domain name but it's rubbish, all the templates have pictures of demented looking smiling people on them and you cannot remove them. I need a really simple but funky website. Sigh. Will keep looking tomorrow. It doesn't need to sell much, just odd quirky bits that I come across and hire of some of the vintage stuff I have. The main aim is to promote weding workshops locally. It'll get there. Eventually.

poppleminster, Feb 10, 2011
  5. poppleminster

MrsBoucher2B2012

I shall ask Gareth tonight he builds websites and might have some ideas. He is currently making my website with lil shopping cart and everything[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Feb 11, 2011
  6. poppleminster

MrsBoucher2B2012

Gareth will have a little nosey around for you and see what is out there.

For now have you thought about an ebay shop until you find somewhere else?

Or marry a web geek and a get £1200 shopsite for free (i do make him and his boss lots of cakes though)[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Feb 12, 2011
  7. poppleminster

poppleminster

Thanks! I don't want to use ebay as it costs so much. I might do an etsy shop though. All most irritating trying to find a simple shop site that doesn't cost the earth to run. Will get there in the end :)

poppleminster, Feb 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question