Anyone For A Day Out? Big Wedding Fayre Dates!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by poppleminster, Jun 14, 2010.

1. poppleminster

poppleminster

What better way to get a wedding-fix than to spend the day nosing round lots and lots of lovely suppliers and sourcing all those things you never knew you needed until you saw them! These events are about checking out your options, working out prices and getting an idea of what your budget may need to be and above all - inspiration for your big day!

I'll add dates of any wedding fayres I know of to this top post when I find them, if you find one I haven't added, please PM me the detail and i'll do it asap so we can all see what's on and when! How about meeting up with fellow Big Day members? If anyone is interested then i'll happily arrange a time / place for people to meet for each event. The only thing I ask is that we get photos of you all on here heehee!

19 September Wedding Exhibition 2010 - Cardiff International Arena CIA £3 admision, children under 12 free

25 - 26 September The Real Brides Show - Newton Abbot Racecourse real bride show 1 ticket £5, couples £9, group of 4 £15. Children under 16 free.

1 - 3 October The National Wedding Show - Earls Court, London Earls Court Show fri £15, sat/sun £17 children £6 and VIP package for £36 (all prices £2 cheaper booked in advance)

8 - 10 October The National Wedding Show - Birmingham NEC Birmingham Show price as above

For Surrey brides check out Surrey Wedding Fairs smaller but till promise 50 stand and free admission, free parking and free goody bags for every bride :unsure:

poppleminster, Jun 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. poppleminster

poppleminster

I'll be going to the Newton Abbott one and if I can get the chance then the Earls Court one too so hope to see you there! :unsure:

1. Advertisements

3. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011

Ooh will definatly try. Are they all weekends though? I work weekends but I might be able to plead with my boss as he has just got married himself so surely he will understand!?! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  4. poppleminster

MrsBrown

i get back from honeymoon on the 25th september , can i still come ha ha

MrsBrown, Jun 14, 2010
  5. poppleminster

juliak

I'm up for anything! But wouldn't go alone (i'm a bit weird like that) but happy to meet up with people.

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  6. poppleminster

juliak

They're all way past my wedding but i'm still intrigued!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  7. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011

Yes MrsBrown still come it will be fab to have advice from some lovely married ladies xxx

Ps Julia I am the same would happily meet people there but never go on my own eeek scary thought!!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  8. poppleminster

poppleminster

We are a right bunch of geeks LOL. I am happy to meet up with anyone going to Newton Abbot as I am treating myself to the day out for my birthday present (i.e probably spending money and justifying it that way). Maybe we could be ladies that lunch? Juliak you're more than welcome to come with me, yippee!

With the Earls Court and NEC shows, these are really big events so if people met for lunch at a certain time maybe that would be the way forward. Either that or meeting first thing as it'll take a long time to navigate round.

Don't be intimidated by the size of these shows, they have stands catering for all budgets and often websites will have stands there handing out discount vouchers etc. It's the experience rather than the spending you go for!

9. poppleminster

juliak

Brilliant, are you going the 25th or 26th? Ooooh, ladies that lunch, get us!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  10. poppleminster

poppleminster

I can do whichever is best with you as i'm free both days :unsure: I shall source a convenient, reasonably priced but nice place for luncheon if you like? We'll be wearing shoulder pads and big hats next!

11. poppleminster

juliak

I'm free too hon so whatever's best for you. Luncheon will be lovely, is it easy enough for you to source? People will think we're very weird if we keep talking like that, especially as I've just put 'attend to my correspondence' on the groom thread! I'll get my shoulder pads and hat to the ready a la Dynasty I presume....????

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  12. poppleminster

poppleminster

I pass there quite often so will look for nice places to lunch. Just be warned that if they have a hideous hat stand then I will make you try them on! :)

13. poppleminster

juliak

I don't mind, I love hats, it's quite a recent thing but my collection is growing!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  14. poppleminster

poppleminster

jealous. My hair is too big for hats!

15. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011

Oh I don't suit hats well people say I do but I am not sure...xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  16. poppleminster

juliak

ha ha, i've got to be careful as i've got a pea sized head, took me bloody ages to find a trilby that fit, I nearly gave up. In fact one of my hats I bought from a childs section, lol!

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  17. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011

LOL excellent xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  18. poppleminster

juliak

You shouldn't laugh at others afflictions, he he! :)

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
  19. poppleminster

Mrsg2b2011

Lol sorry I just meant it must have been cheaper xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 14, 2010
  20. poppleminster

juliak

Mrsg2b, between nearly suggesting that Mark used small condoms and laughing at my inordinately small head I suggest you put the spade away, it's far too late to be digging all these holes and you'll injure your back!!! Only joking hon:lol: xxxx

juliak, Jun 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question