Anybody Loose A Diamond From A Engagement/wedding Ring?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MrsT_2be, Oct 13, 2012.

1. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

I left my engagement ring to jewellers to be cleaned and resized whilst i was on honeymoon. My ring is the "forever diamond" from hsamuel where it has the engraved "FOREVER" with a small diamond set in the "O" on the inside of the ring. I get my ring rodium dipped once a year and this is the 4th time it went in, I want to look after my ring and I'm sure you'll agree the engagement ring is just as precious as the wedding ring.

We got back from our honeymoon on Wed 10th Oct and picked it up today. I gave it a quick glance and slipped it back on. We got home, then later we popped out for a ride on my husband's motorcycle, so I took it off. Came home, just as I went to put it back on I gave it close look and that's wen I noticed the small diamond was missing. I very sure it's was still there when i handed it in.

We going to go back to hsamuel in the morning. I remembered when I was chatting to friend of mine about wedding rings and they're married for 8 years and have no insurance or cover, she said they took it back and they just replaced it for free.

I really really hope they can do it for me because I'm absolutely devastated. :( I was worried my hubby will flip but he said we sort it tomorrow.

Has this happened to anybody and if your jewellers is happy to replace it?

MrsT_2be, Oct 13, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsT_2be

Helen

Oh no :(

I had an old ring that has been given to me with a tiny diamond missing, I took it to a small jewellery shop and asked if they could replace it. The stone was so small it hardly cost anything to replace, the lady said it would be the time and depend on how difficult the setting made it as to how much it would cost - the final bill was under £30 which I thought wasn't bad.

I don't know about new rings and whether they would replace it for free, I guess you just have to take it in and ask and see how you get on. Like I say, if it is only a small stone then the actual stone will be very inexpensive to replace, so if they quote you huge amount then say you will think about it and take it somewhere else for a second opinion.

Hope you can get it sorted, but don't panic! It will be ok :)

Helen, Oct 14, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsT_2be

MrsT_2be

Hi Helen,

I went in and manage to speak to the same lady i spoke to when i picked it up and she just said they'll send it back as return job and free of charge. :rolleyes:
    She said that's the trouble the stone is tiny and you wouldn't notice it.

As soon as I noticed it I panicked, it was 4.55pm and they close at 5.30pm, I rang them 4 times and no one answered! :angry: So my stomach was in knots all night :unsure:

I feel better now as they are replacing it. xx

MrsT_2be, Oct 14, 2012
    gildius likes this.
  4. MrsT_2be

Helen

That's great - hope you get it back soon :)

Helen, Oct 14, 2012
  5. MrsT_2be

MrsC2Be

Good news that they are going to replace it for you - even better it's free of charge! :)

MrsC2Be, Oct 14, 2012
  6. MrsT_2be

Becky Administrator

I'm pleased to hear that it's being fixed for you - it wouldn't be on if they didn't!

Becky, Oct 15, 2012
  7. MrsT_2be

HEPPY1990

It is a problem with pressure set diamonds I had a ring that was almost constantly dropping diamonds I gave up with it in the end and sold it.

HEPPY1990, Jun 23, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question