Any One Making Diy Decorations?

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by mrs_bowers_2_b, May 14, 2010.

1. mrs_bowers_2_b

Becky Administrator

Hi clarey 1271 welcome to BigDay! :)

I love the sound of the stones for name places - you'll have to let us know how they turn out!

Becky, Aug 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. mrs_bowers_2_b

Anon_SA

My brother did that at his wedding - he got the stones from Sidmouth beach. It looked great!!!

Anon_SA, Aug 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. mrs_bowers_2_b

clarey1271

yeah thank you guys!!!! maybe go to the beach near where we live and use a blue pen to put them on. i really would like a table plan and a box for all the cards but the table plans are like 80 quid each. does any1 have any good ideas or websites?

clarey1271, Aug 29, 2010
  4. mrs_bowers_2_b

Helen

My neighbour took pebbles from my garden and wrote names on with pen (and didn't varnish them) I then put the pebbles back in my garden and they still have the names on as clear as anything and they have been back in my garden for 3 years. I wouldn't bother varnishing them as they seem to last just as well without.

If you are using a blue pen you may need white or pale pebbles for them to show up. You can get bags of white pebbles in garden centres for not very much money.

If you go to a paper shop like paperchase or similar you can get big sheets of paper and make your own table plan :D

Helen, Aug 29, 2010
  5. mrs_bowers_2_b

MrsBoucher2B2012

Like Helen said if you go to a paper or craft store they have large sheets and it is fairly easy to make them. I make wedding stationery so if you want any tips or advice just pm me.

MrsBoucher2B2012, Aug 29, 2010
  6. mrs_bowers_2_b

clarey1271

thanks guys

clarey1271, Aug 30, 2010
  7. mrs_bowers_2_b

Sarsaparilla

I'm making loads of stuff myself, I love crafts anyway and I want to save money!

I'm making....

Invites/save the dates
    Table plan & table names
    Placecards
    Order of service
    Table centrepieces
    Table menus
    Brooch bouquet (not having flowers)
    Box for cards
    Kids goodie bags

Plus a friend of ours is doing our photographs, another is making the cake and another is driving me to the church :(

Sarsaparilla, Apr 14, 2011
  8. mrs_bowers_2_b

bridezilcho

I am! We have an extremely tight budget for our wedding so I'll be making most things myself. I was looking into a backdrop for our vows as we're not having a trad wedding (it's in an actual cow shed) and I saw some great archways made from branches, with pompoms and ribbons on it. Guess what I'm going to be making for the forseeable future? :D

bridezilcho, Nov 20, 2017
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question