Any One Making Diy Decorations?

Discussion in 'DIY Wedding' started by mrs_bowers_2_b, May 14, 2010.

1. mrs_bowers_2_b

mrs_bowers_2_b

hello i am on a very tight budget and am making everything i can myself. So far i am making tissue pomanders my own diy personilised aisle runner and candles for my centrepieces. any one els doing there own diy decorations?

mrs_bowers_2_b, May 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. mrs_bowers_2_b

MrsStanding2Be

Hello, yes i'm doing my own swaging on the tables, doing my own invites, doing my own bridesmaids flowers, thats it so far!

MrsStanding2Be, May 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. mrs_bowers_2_b

juliak

Hello Mrs Bowers 2b. We too are on a very tight budget therefore i'm making my own evening invites, my own table decs and favours. I'm also thinking about making a signing frame for the guests at the ceremony and wedding breakfast (25 in all). I've made my own table confetti, some of which will go into the evening invites. We've certainly begged, borrowed although not stolen anything, lol! A friend is doing the cake, the reception is in another friends garden, we've already got a marquee and fairy lights for that, which we luckily already had! We've also suggested people who are coming to the evening do bring a picnic and a bottle!

juliak, May 14, 2010
  4. mrs_bowers_2_b

MrsBoucher2B2012

Hi i am also making alot of the stuff myself, so far i am going to do all the invites, name cards, table plan and numbers etc, centerpieces, favours, fun bags for the kids, mini cupcakes as part of the buffet, my father-in-law to be makes amazing wine so he is making about plenty of bottles for us. I was going to make my own wedding cake but i think i have enough to do already plus we have a six month old baby to look after as well.
    Though any more ideas about bits and pieces i can do myself to help drive down the cost of the big day are always welcome.

MrsBoucher2B2012, May 15, 2010
  5. mrs_bowers_2_b

Helen

I'm going to be doing ours :D really excited love doing things like that. Also going to make my own cake. If I can ever decide what look I'm going for I could make a start lol :D

Helen, May 15, 2010
  6. mrs_bowers_2_b

Helen

I'm also doing the food :D

Helen, May 15, 2010
  7. mrs_bowers_2_b

vhc

you're mad, woman! [​IMG]

(methinks that a ready made iced cake from M&S might help a little bit........) [​IMG]

vhc, May 17, 2010
  8. mrs_bowers_2_b

Helen

Lol I can't cheat on the cake... Not when that is what I'm doing at the moment, making cakes for people lol! :lol:

Going to grow the flowers in my garden too :D

Maybe I am a bit mad......! Or at least I will be when it all gets nearer the time :lol:

Helen, May 17, 2010
  9. mrs_bowers_2_b

vhc

:D :D

vhc, May 18, 2010
  10. mrs_bowers_2_b

chapmans456

Hi everyone!!

We're making our invitations, place names, table numbers, order of service and anything else like that! Then we're also making a few extra details ourselves!
    Definately wouldn't be doing flowers or food ourselves but gd for those of u that r! Mayb u r a little mad but very clever!!!

xxx

chapmans456, May 23, 2010
  11. mrs_bowers_2_b

bridetobe200910

We are on a very tight budget and I have made our own invitations, name tags and as we are having a samll wedding I have bought all the things I wanted for the table decorations.

I bought mirrored tiles from Ikea which are ideal, tealights and holders from Ikea and Tesco and some stunning purple candles for the centrepieces and then bought some purple swarkovski crystals.

I am really pleased with the results and have spent very little.

I will try and attach a picture of my name tags that also double up as favours as I have wrapped two 'Just Married' chocolates.

bridetobe200910, May 23, 2010
  12. mrs_bowers_2_b

poppleminster

I'm doing most stuff myself including the food but then I have 2 yrs to keep busy. Not that i'll be making the cake now, it might go a bit stale...

It'd be lovely to see what people make, pics, pics!

poppleminster, May 24, 2010
  13. mrs_bowers_2_b

iPrincess26

Won't go into masses of detail as have done it on another post, but we are making

Invites
    Name places
    Napkin rings (candy necklaces)
    Centrepieces
    Favours
    Music (no DJ just computer and lights borrowed from a friend who does mobile karaoke - who will not be working at the wedding)
    Bouquet for me and bridesmaids
    Think that's most of it, not having any other decoration and the venue provides a red carpet.

Oh and my Mum is making our cake - have commissioned a wedding topper to match our invites though (my avatar is half of the topper and invite design)

iPrincess26, May 28, 2010
  14. mrs_bowers_2_b

juliak

That all sounds brilliant iPrincess, I love your avatar! And I love the candy necklace idea too!

I've made the invites
    I'm making the favours, including the seed envelopes
    Doing my own table decs for the wedding breakfast as it's in a local restaurant and I want the black and gold colour theme to tie in with myself and h2b
    I'm making my own signing frame
    I've done my own heart confetti
    My friend is making the cupcakes but i'm decorating them
    I'm going to make my own ring cushion
    I'm creating my own balloon centrepieces
    I bought a red carpet from eBay yesterday, I hadn't thought of it until I saw it, but as we're having our evening do at a friends (in the garden, weather permitting) I thought it was really fun. It only cost £7.49 incl p&p!

juliak, May 28, 2010
  15. mrs_bowers_2_b

iPrincess26

Thanks juliak, we had a different design for the invites originally but then somehow ended up designing our characters, I'll add his below and then decided that they would go with us and our laid back attitude. After reading your list I have remembered that I am making our guest book, and we bought a polaroid printer and a stack of paper for it as they have sticky backs and we are going to get people to take pics of themselves and stick them in the gust book along with their message. Also trying to get everyone to email song suggestions for the evening, but no response yet!

16. mrs_bowers_2_b

iPrincess26

oops forgot to add picture, here you go.

mac_sp_wedding.png

17. mrs_bowers_2_b

juliak

Clever thing, I chickened out of making my own guest book, but liked the idea of the persons picture AND their commments so luckily managed to find a guest book with slots for photos and guest cards that came with the book which slot in below the pics.
    I think it's great that you are keeping true to your personality/attitude. I think it makes it a little more special. The invites I made are black, which my mum did NOT agree with but I love black and all my friends know that.

juliak, May 28, 2010
  18. mrs_bowers_2_b

juliak

They are FANTASTIC! Would love to see a pic of the invites! Tried to put a pic of mine on but forgotten how!

juliak, May 28, 2010
  19. mrs_bowers_2_b

iPrincess26

will see if I can find the one we made up and get a pic, the house is upside down at the min as we are getting ready to move but as with all wedding stuff think I know where it is. Might even do a planning in pictures so I can show you all everything I have so far!

vhc likes this.
  20. mrs_bowers_2_b

juliak

[​IMG]

juliak, May 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question