Any Herts Or Essex Brides

Discussion in 'Venue, Ceremony and Reception' started by Mrsg2b2011, May 4, 2010.

1. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Hi all you lovely ladies. I was wondering if there are any herts or essex brides 2b? I am getting married at Maison Renouf, Rochford, Essex but I actually live in Hertford, Herts so thought it would be lovely to hear from any other b2bs & see where abouts you are getting married, just me being nosy really [​IMG] but thought it would be good for people to have a place to get info on local suppliers, photographers, caterers etc. You all know how endless the list is! [​IMG]
    Anyway be lovely to hear from you feel free to add me as a friend if you wish & goodluck with all your planning x

Mrsg2b2011, May 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Mrsg2b2011

BunnyMonkey

Hi, I'm an Essex bride. We're getting married on New Year's Eve this year in Chelmsford. Really excited.

I think your idea for a county based supplier thread is a fab one!

Here's what we have so far...

Photographer - Cinammon Photography in Brentwood
    Florist - Fleurtations in Braintree
    Cupcake Hair and Makeup - Colchester
    Dress - Belissima weddings in South Woodham Ferrers (they are amazing)
    Cars - Taxibus of Chelmsford

I don't think I've forgotten anything!

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Mrsg2b2011

BunnyMonkey

Oh yeah, also...

Stationery - Crinkle Cards, Chelmsford

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 4, 2010
  4. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

New years eve! What a wonderful date to get married that is so romantic! Where abouts in Chelmsford are you getting married?
    I have heard some really good things about cupcake for hair & make-up.
    For my hair I might be having a lady called Jennie who is a mobile hairdresser, got her info at a wedding fayre. Am going to get a quote from cupcake too I think purley because I have heard so many good things about them.
    xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 4, 2010
  5. Mrsg2b2011

FlowerCo

Im doing a wedding in Essex this weekend at Gosfield Hall - stunning! it gonna be fab u lous!

Have fun planning it is a lovely part of the country!

Zoe x

FlowerCo, May 5, 2010
  6. Mrsg2b2011

MrsStanding2Be

I dont live in essex, but i'm getting married in Orsett (lovely place!) My H2B is from essex though.

MrsStanding2Be, May 5, 2010
  7. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Mrs standing are you getting married at orsett hall? x

Mrsg2b2011, May 7, 2010
  8. Mrsg2b2011

MrsStanding2Be

No hun We are getting married at a church near by, Are you? x

MrsStanding2Be, May 8, 2010
  9. Mrsg2b2011

BunnyMonkey

Orsett Hall looks lovely, their bridal suites are beautiful.

Mrsg2b2011 - I'm really happy that you've heard such good things about Cupcake Makeup. I went with them on a hunch really - it's very much a risk, isn't it?!

We're getting married at All Saints Church in Writtle and then Crondon Park in Stock. Where are you doing it?

BM x

BunnyMonkey, May 8, 2010
  10. Mrsg2b2011

Hertsbride

Hello ladies

As you can see, I'm a Herts bride, so I'm pleased to find this thread!

Mrsg2be - I'm not far from Hertford... just a bit further up the A10 in a village called Puckeridge!

BunnyMonkey - my best mate lives in South Woodham Ferrers :)

I'm getting married at our parish church, and our reception's at Theobalds Park in Cheshunt... can't wait!! These are my suppliers...

DJ - based in Dartford, just randomly found him on the net, but like the look of him lol
    Photographer - my brother-in-law who is based in Essex & is a fab portrait photographer who is looking to get into weddings a bit more (I'd recommend him to anyone who wants a great deal!) www.petergammonphotography.co.uk
    Dress, veil, bridesmaids dresses - small shop in Enfield... the lady who owns it is making my dress & my bridesmaids'!!
    Chair covers - booked someone I used to go to school with who has started up her own business www.organza.name
    Flowers - my Auntie (who used to be a pro florist & does all our family weddings, I'm so lucky as she is fab!)
    Suits - mens are from Dapper in Cockfosters and pageboys from Next I think
    Hair - probably my usual hairdressers in Winchmore Hill (Stripes)!
    Cars - www.lordcars.co.uk based in Hatfield

I think that's everything that I've booked so far!!

Next stop is the honeymoon! :)

Hertsbride, May 8, 2010
  11. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Hi mrs standing2b, no I'm not getting married in orsett hall just heard really good things about it it does look like a beautiful place though. What date is your wedding? xxx

Bunnymonkey yes thats the trouble isn't it everything has to be a hunch really when planning a wedding unless you know someone who has got married recently & can recommend people! We are getting married at maison renouf in Rochford. If you google it you can check out the website & see the pics! I love it, we had originally planned to get married in Florida but then see this place & how reasonabke it was we decided to do it there instead! Its near southend so don't think the sun will be on the same par as Florida but atleast all the family can come lol xxx

Hertsbride welcome to the thread I know Puckeridge I have a job interview next week in Bishops Stortford so will be driving through there! Its such as lovely villiage. Theobalds Park is gorgeous we looked there too as a possible venue. Less than a year left till your big day eek its so exciting!! I am having my dress made too! My friend is a really good seamstress & she worked in a bridal shop in Ware for many years so she is making me a maggie sottero style dress. Its the cumbria marie one. I am so excited as it will be unique & a one off! She is also making my bridesmaids dresses. This is the pattern she will be using for them http://www.jaycotts.co.uk/acatalog/info_13478.html & this is the dress I loved in the shop http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=cambria&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3277 & this is the pattern she will be working from... http://mccallpattern.mccall.com/filebin/images/product_images/Full/M5321.jpg the maggie sottero gown retails at £1075, yet my dress will cost about £300!!! I am loving all this wedding planning. You are like me very lucky to know some very talented people. My next door neighbour is a make up artist so is doing my make up for free, my bro in law is a graphic designer so is doing our invites & h2b works in a printers so is getting them printed for nothing! Its really good when you can pull in the favours. You are so lucky having an auntie as a florist! I bet your flowers will look amazing!
    Any way enough of me rambling its so nice to know there are lots of brides local to me !!! xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 8, 2010
  12. Mrsg2b2011

Hertsbride

Thanks Mrsg2b :)

Good luck with your interview! Whereabouts do you work at the moment? I drive down to Enfield each day for work... not ideal as sometimes it can take up to an hour! I really need to start looking for something a bit nearer to home.

Wow £300 for your dress is amazing... well done!! Unfortunately I'm not really saving much money by getting mine made, I decided to go down that route in the end because I wanted something a little bit different to the dresses I'd seen so far & couldn't find my perfect dress!! Also, the lady that is making it really knows her stuff & I've been impressed with her so far. It feels a bit strange not knowing exactly what the final dress will look like... but I have complete confidence that it will work out well! :)

It is good when relatives & friends can help out with bits & pieces... it's great for them to be involved & it is saving us so much money! You are v.lucky with your stationary... I was going to make my invites but I'm not so sure now. I tend to think I'm more creative than I actually am... and I'm worried that they'll look rubbish if I make them ha ha!!

Just noticed that your wedding date is 15 April... we were originally going for 16 April, but we moved it to March for various reasons (the main one being that Jan to March is off-peak at Theobalds - so we got a better deal!). Less than a year for you too! I hope it flys by... I'm getting ridiculously excited already :) x

Hertsbride, May 9, 2010
  13. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Ha ha I always think I am more creative than I am too!! Lol keep thinking I might make my own bouquet but think I might decide against that idea now LOL.

I used to work at Enfield Wash Post Office where abouts in Enfield do you work? My H2b grew up in Ponders End. I don't work at the moment be lucky to be a stay at home mum with my son who is 15months old. But need a part time weekend job as its just so hard to keep up with mortgage & bills otherwise. My h2b works in great amwell so lucky he has a short journey to work! He used to work in Tottenham though & lived in Baldock at the time. Driving into Enfield is never fun. Think you notice how much more agressive the drivers are too the closer you get into London don't you?
    The job I am going for is for a weekend show room host for mini bmw. Haven't had an interview in 9 years since I started at Post Office so really nervous lol.

How funny about the wedding dates! We chose April as its still low season at our venue but only just, May is start of high season, also Mark proposed to me on the 12th April 2009 so thought it would be nice to mark the 2 year anniversary as close as poss.

I am so excited now its less than a year. Think I am on laptop more than ever organising things for the wedding. Oh well atleast it wll be done nice & early and will be able to sit back & relax nearer the time. Thats what I am hoping for anyway [​IMG] .

Am loving having my dress made I always used to say I would as really want it to be unique I know it is based on the style of another dress but atleast I can put my own stamp on it.
    I think it will be more exciting for you not knowing how your dress will look until its finished. Thats better though I think because you know it will suit you and you can have it anyway you like.
    Also having our dresses made makes them made to measure so know it will be a perfect fit so = less alterations!
    Oh you must out pics up when its finished I would love to see it xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 9, 2010
  14. Mrsg2b2011

MrsStanding2Be

Yay We finally set the date with the church now just gotta do it with reception!

MrsStanding2Be, May 13, 2010
  15. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

Brilliant Mrsstanding. Thats wonderful news! What date is it? xxx

Mrsg2b2011, May 13, 2010
  16. Mrsg2b2011

MrsStanding2Be

Its not for a while but still really excited! 19/08/2012

MrsStanding2Be, May 14, 2010
  17. Mrsg2b2011

Mrsg2b2011

How exciting!! Its never to early to start planning. Once it is all done you can just sit back, relax & look forward to the day x

Mrsg2b2011, May 14, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question