Another Newbie!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jules82, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Jules82

Jules82

Hi ladies

I've just found this site and wanted to say firstly how glad I am to have found a wedding forum with some down to earth people - was getting a bit tired of the forums where all of the brides-to-be are SO high-maintenance! Although I admit some of the threads on there did make me chuckle "how dare my best friend get pregnant when she knew she was going to be my bridesmaid, it's like she's trying to ruin my day" - I kid you not!

Anyway, a bit about me. I'm 29 and have been engaged for just over 2 months. So far we've:

Booked our venue (Winchester House in Putney)
    Found our steel band and DJ
    Found (we think) our photographer

Still lots to do but all very exciting!!

We're going for a small ceremony and wedding breakfast (around 35 people) with our evening guests (all 120 of them!) arriving from around 5:30pm. We have our venue until 1am so hopefully this way the evening guests wont feel "second rate". If anyone else is going for this type of set up I'd be interested to hear about it!

Thats all for now :D

Jules82, Nov 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Jules82

MrsC2Be

YAY for another newbie :)

Totally agree about other forums, everyone here (almost ;) ) is sound as a pound and really lovely and friendly :D

When's your wedding? x

MrsC2Be, Nov 22, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Jules82

iPrincess26

Hi and welcome, mrsC2Be has said it all.

We are all a bit wedding mad on here so feel free to share, photos are mandatory (only joking :p) but we do like pics.

Have you got much planning done yet?

iPrincess26, Nov 22, 2011
  4. Jules82

MrsMay2011

Hi Jules, welcome to the site a steel band sounds really cool - like what Phoebe had in Friends? I#m a bit jealous you've still got loads of the fun stuff to do (dress shopping!!! :D ) when is your wedding date?

MrsMay2011, Nov 22, 2011
  5. Jules82

Becky

Welcome to BigDay! :)

This is certainly the friendliest wedding forum I've ever found, but then I may be biased ;)

When are you getting married?

Becky, Nov 23, 2011
  6. Jules82

Jules82

Ah thanks for the messages ladies!

We're getting married on 26th August 2012 (bank holiday Sunday).

I'd love to take the credit for the steel band but it was all my boyf's (don't like using the word fiance - seems like I'm showing off - oooh look at me I'm engaged?!) idea - but I'm the oine who found and booked them so I do love the idea! They're going to be playing for around 1.5/2 hours when our eveing guests arrive.

Jules82, Nov 23, 2011
  7. Jules82

Becky

Sounds fantastic! :D That's good planning having your wedding on a bank holiday - if anyone has to travel they don't need to take time off work.

I know exactly what you mean about the word fiancé, I always thought it sounded a bit poncy. Ian went straight from being my boyfriend to husband!!

Becky, Nov 23, 2011
  8. Jules82

MrsC2Be

oooh you're 5 days before me, we're getting married on the Friday after you :D

Love your steel band idea, that'll be amazing.

And Neil isn't my fiancé either, he's my "other half" usually :D

MrsC2Be, Nov 23, 2011
  9. Jules82

MrsBrown

Welcome to the site!

I never really knew what to call my hubbie before we married.. we had been friends for so long that boyf sound strange and we felt a bit old for it.....as with fiance too! but partner just sounded weird!!

Looking forward to hearing your plans!

MrsBrown, Nov 23, 2011
  10. Jules82

Zoe

All this what to call the other half is so much of a pain - we thought fiance sounded a bit too 'posyish' it's great to just be 'husband' and 'wife'

Zoe, Nov 23, 2011
  11. Jules82

Helen

Welcome!

Ohhh one of my bridesmaids told me she was pregnant about 2 weeks after her dress was made! I didn't realise it was her attempt to ruin my wedding hahahahaha!

Helen, Nov 28, 2011
  12. Jules82

MrsBrown

How did you work round this Helen? I have a friend who's 3 bridesmaids have all told her they are trying for a baby! Of course there is no saying that they will be, but she is trying to find a 'what if' solution just in case. She is getting married in August and hasnt actually been for dresses yet.

MrsBrown, Nov 28, 2011
  13. Jules82

Helen

Well.... I thought there was a chance that one of the bridesmaids might be pregnant (not that I knew they were trying, just that two of them already had toddlers and I thought they would be having another at some point in the future) so I chose a skirt and top rather than a dress and made sure the skirts had elasticated waists! I also chose a style that would be more 'forgiving' to bumps, nothing tight and clingy.

She is the one in the green and is nearly 5 months, you can hardly tell.

HelenandMatt00203.jpg

Helen, Dec 13, 2011
  14. Jules82

Becky

You're right, from the photo you can barely see a bump!

Becky, Dec 14, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question