An Organised Newbie

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by EandN, Jan 31, 2013.

1. EandN

EandN

Hi all,
    Wow this is a massive change for me.
    So, wellies and whips have been banned from the wedding. My horse has also been banned (I want to train her to pull a carriage for me and my dad to arrive in, but my FH has decided that he'd rather I got there in one piece).

Wedding is in March 2015, although we've been engaged for 8 years. Financially we are now in a position to get married.
    My colour scheme is purple and red, I'm thinking about doing wine glass charms as favours so they can have purple and red beads on.
    We think we've decided on a venue but waiting for a few different quotes.

I'm not girly and I'm an introvert so a wedding is not my scene, so its going to be scary! We've tried to keep it small but immediate family comes to 40 for the day. A few friends and we'll have a maximum of 100 at night although probably closer to 70.
    The budget is still small so most of it will be DIY which will keep me busy, and I tried my first dress on last week. It feels strange and shoes will hopefully help a lot, otherwise I'll be walking down the aisle, hitching up the skirt. :p Its also my mums dress, which does have me emotional. My sister has offered me her tiara so it looks like I'll be spoilt for choice for quite a few bits and pieces.

Up to me, I'd have gone away, come back and told everyone we're now married but my FH has a lot of friends and it will mean a lot for them to be there with us, so I'm going to roll with it, try to have fun and see what I can do about becoming more extrovert. I may still manage to squeeze my wellies on under my dress, so I still look like me :D

Expect lots of questions as etiquette bypassed me.

EandN, Jan 31, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. EandN

Helen

Welcome :)

I love the sound of purple and red, that will look fab.

I would tend to agree with you about going away without telling people! In the end we did a bit of both, got married abroad with just 3 guests then had a big reception in the UK several weeks afterwards. I ended up wearing wellies on my wedding day! We had a freak snowstorm so on the morning of the wedding I was in the supermarket buying wellies hehe.

What is your horse like? I would like to teach mine to drive, I think that is going to be on my to do list this year :)

Helen, Feb 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. EandN

EandN

Hi Helen

Thanks - yours sounds fun, haha. I bet your wedding was unforgettable though, with a snowstorm. Did you have a good day?

I casually mentioned to my parents we thought about going off alone to get married. Their response was "why didn't you?" But I know there'd be a massive fall out if we did do it. We got engaged the weekend they went on holiday - not planned, it was spontaneous but wow, the grief we got!

I've got a highland (that acts like a thoroughbred). I think I'll be banned from riding in the couple of months leading up to wedding - due to me not bouncing as well as I did when I was younger, when I fall off. Highland has a mind of her own - goes where she wants, does what she wants, goes at what speed she wants. I'm little more than a passenger in her eyes but show jumping she is fab - point and shoot. We compromise on hacks. I want to walk - she wants to canter so we tend to stick to trot.Everyone that knows mine tells me I'm mad, or bursts out laughing when I mention teaching her to drive.

What kind of horse do you have and do you hack or compete?

Caz

EandN, Feb 1, 2013
  4. EandN

Helen

Going abroad was excellent, no regrets at all. Have a look in the wedding reports topic for my wellie photo! Initially when we mentioned going abroad to our parents it didn't go down well. In the end though my parents (well it was mainly my dad who was the problem) came around to the idea and came with us. My husbands dad decided he didn't want to come on his own (it wasn't long after his mum died), but he was asked and that was his choice.

I've always fancied having a Highland! I've got a Welsh Section D, she is very much the same as yours, at the moment she has two speeds, stopped or flat out :rolleyes: pain in the bottom! I've only had her since May and she had done nothing, barely been handled so was a bit wild. I'm hoping to find someone to show her this year, I would but to be honest I find it too dull.

Helen, Feb 2, 2013
  5. EandN

Becky Administrator

Hey there welcome aboard Caz! :D

Sounds like it's all going well, I say go for the wellies!! What is next on your to do list?

Becky, Feb 4, 2013
  6. EandN

EandN

Aww, she sounds lush. I popped into showing once to see what the fuss was, and the pony just marched around, put herself into an outline (never goes into an outline) and went and won the class. At this point I'm trotting around, mouthing to FH "I'm bored," and we had to go back in for the champions class. I've stuck to working hunter since then.

I had a look at your report/photos. It looked amazing - bet you had a ton of fun.

Becky - It seems to be. I'm now looking at cake recipes as I think I want a personal touch on most things, so I'm going to start now and I'm going to make my own cake (if all turns out fine in practice runs), DIY my bouquet, although my MIL has offered to buy our flowers (unexpected and very sweet), and I'm waiting for my charms to arrive and I can start making wine glass charms. - I'm going to be looking for lots of ideas on here for flavours/type of cake etc.

On Saturday, I'm off to view a venue (and its most likely that we'll book it). Exciting.

EandN, Feb 7, 2013
  7. EandN

Becky Administrator

Ooh brilliant, it all starts to feel a lot more real when you book the venue! :) Hope the viewing goes well xx

Becky, Feb 7, 2013
  8. EandN

Helen

I did my cake and flowers - if you want to do your own flowers I bought mine from flowers4florists - they were delivered in excellent condition and had loads of choice.

Make sure you allow enough time. Cake took me several days the week before and over two hours on the morning to put it together. Flowers took me nearly a whole day. Loved doing them though!

Helen, Feb 8, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question