Am I The Only One Mad Enough To Get Married In February And Risk Possible Snow?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsQuinn2b, Sep 19, 2011.

1. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Well since i am getting married in February 2012 and it could well possibly snow, im a teeeeney bit excited incase it does as i think my pictures would like fab with a bit of snow. Although i dont like the idea of it being thick of snow, icey or slushy.

So i have bought myself a pair of ivory and red wellies just incase :)

Anyone else braving the grand old month of February???

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsQuinn2b

MrsBrown

Red wellies would be ace!

Hard to know what the weather will be like, but then it can be hard to know in june!! My parents got married in Jan 40 years ago.. their bridesmaids had velvet skirts and the little one a coat with a fur trim.. sweet (well apart from the fact that they were green velvet skirts, orange coat and my mum had pink carnations in her flowers! (She said she anted cream roses but couldnt afford.. not sure the whole themed thing was so big 40 years ago!)

What colours are you having?? a little jacket may come in helpful just in case?

MrsBrown, Sep 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsQuinn2b

MrsC2Be

Snowy pics would be lovely :D My other halfs parents got married in April 30 odd years ago.... and it snowed! Can never tell, so wellies is probably a good idea! They'll make for great photos :D

MrsC2Be, Sep 20, 2011
  4. MrsQuinn2b

SeptemberBride

There is actually a place where you can buy wedding wellies!! Shall try to find online.

Also...........I am massively jelous, we would have had a winter wedding, but only if I could know for certain there would be snow!!! xx

SeptemberBride, Sep 20, 2011
  5. MrsQuinn2b

SeptemberBride

SeptemberBride, Sep 20, 2011
  6. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

When you click the link you have posted they are the same as mine although mine are red with ivory ribbon, I love them so much i want to wear them now. I think i would get some funny looks though :D

Im having my bridesmaid in red with ivory shoes and im the opposite ivory dress with red shoe/wellies.

Here is a pic of my bridesmaid dress. The dress without the straps.

And im having my flowers girls in this dress with a little fluffy shrug incase they are to cold.

x

Attached Files:

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 20, 2011
    SeptemberBride likes this.
  7. MrsQuinn2b

Helen

Oh your bridesmaid and flower girls dresses are lovely! They will look amazing if it snowed with the red :D

We got married in May, and it snowed! I had to buy wellies from the supermarket on the morning of the wedding! :lol: They only had one pair in my size so I didn't get to choose what the looked like either! All good fun :D

Helen, Sep 20, 2011
  8. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Hopefully if will snow but not too heavy as we are going to have some fun shots in the snow with all my bridesmaid and flower girls. Might even get a shot of the dress and wellies.

I really cant wait now and wish it would hurry up, knowing my luck if will end up snowing really heavy and the church we are getting married at is on a very narrow little country road and my cars will never get up the lane!!!

What will be will be i suppose :)

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 20, 2011
  9. MrsQuinn2b

MrsBoucher2B2012

the wellies are a good idea, i am getting a pair for my wedding as well, just need to find some to match the dress lol

MrsBoucher2B2012, Sep 20, 2011
  10. MrsQuinn2b

MrsMay2011

Funnily enough I was only thinking the other day that no-one on here seemed to be a 'winter' bride, but now we have you!
    Like the others I think it would be fab if it were snowy esp for the pics, as long as you are prepared with wellies, which of course, you are  x

MrsMay2011, Sep 21, 2011
  11. MrsQuinn2b

Becky

Make sure you invite people with 4x4 cars, just in case! :D

Sounds amazing, I love the thought of a winter wedding.

Becky, Sep 22, 2011
  12. MrsQuinn2b

poppleminster

I love the red! Wedding wellies are awesome. Helen on here had some for her wedding in Canada and they looked fab. I don't think hers were specifically wedding ones but just seriously cool patterned ones. A winter wedding is brilliant, I was having a Sep wedding but am now May but if i'd not been pregnant would happily have done winter, just don't fancy trying that quickly to get back into my dress or juggling the whole prospect of feeding a baby whilst wedged in a corset!

Snow would be wonderful. All dreamy now!

poppleminster, Sep 22, 2011
  13. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

This is from the mirror online

BRITS have been warned of another big freeze this winter – with snow falling as early as October.
    The premature frost, with below average temperatures over the next few months, was predicted by forecasters Exacta Weather.
    Expert James Madden said on its website: “As we head towards winter, I expect to see the first signs of some moderate to heavy snowfalls as early as October or November in certain parts of the UK.
    I expect December, January, and February to experience below-average temperatures, with the heaviest snowfalls occurring within the time frame of November to ­January across many parts of the UK.”
    [/left]
    [/left]
    Hopefully this does not effect any of us brides who are getting married this year or beginning of next year as we may need a few husky's to get us there and then when we arrive we will look like snow queens!! :huh:

Well since im getting married on what would have been my nans and grandad wedding anniversary i let her choose the colours. Good job she has good taste. I wanted every colour possbile and could not decide (So much easier when someone does it for you) so it actually fits well with the wintery feel. x

MrsQuinn2b, Sep 22, 2011
  14. MrsQuinn2b

Jay

I'm getting married in February too!! I hope it will snow. The idea of wellies makes it so much fun!

Jay, Nov 8, 2011
  15. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Hi Jay Welcome to the site.

Oooo another nice winter wedding. I only have 101 days to go and i can't wait now.

Have u got much planned?

MrsQuinn2b, Nov 9, 2011
  16. MrsQuinn2b

Jay

Thanks Stacey

Most of my wedding planning is almost complete hurray!!! I just need to finalize some things!

How about you??

Jay, Nov 9, 2011
  17. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Yeah im the same, just got to get all the men and boys together to get measured for their suits and buy a few more sweets for our sweetie table and i think im done.

Its taking me 22months to plan everything but i still can't help adding things in and changing things around. :wacko:

MrsQuinn2b, Nov 10, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question