Am I A Bit Nuts?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by iPrincess26, Jul 7, 2011.

1. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

That should read Am I a bit nuts!

As most of you know we have our day planned, down to the photographer, flowers, colour scheme, venue my dress etc but don't have the money at the mo so no date in sight, it doesn't help that we keep finding mini runs that we want to do so any savings go on that. We are off the Germany next month to have an hour mini only time on the Nurburgring which will be great and prob the last year that it is organised as the ring time is getting far to expensive, so we started talking about doing the Italian job run next year (which is 10 days driving round Italy and taking in various points from the film (original) it's a huge run that raises lots of money for charity and looks amazing (also hotels and no camping) we have joked about doing it for our honeymoon and then the other week joked about doing it and getting married at the start of the run (as we could prob get sponsorship to pay for our entry, which is allowed and if we were to get married it would be a good story for the local paper and therefore we would be more likely to get sponsored - this would make paying for the wedding much easier)

Am I being totally nuts to be thinking seriously about this (and a bit of a sell out re the sponsorship thing?)

Thoughts please ladies

:)

iPrincess26, Jul 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. iPrincess26

MrsMay2011

Hi Princess,

I think it depends on the answer to the below questions:

• Are you wanting to have the wedding out there because you both love minis, think it would be amazing and will look back on it forever with joy, and any sponsorship/saving are an added bonus? (ie would this be something you would still do, even if you had enough money to get married here, now?)
    • OR are you thinking of doing it because it is the only way you can see of getting married in the foreseeable future without forgoing the Italian Job trip (ie if you did have the money to have the wedding you've already planned here and also go on the trip, is this what you would do?)
    If it is the former, then it is a brilliant idea and obviously the universe is providing the perfect solution (it does sound pretty cool!) and you should go for it!!!
    However if it is the latter, think carefully about how it may make you feel, not having the wedding you had planned, whenever you look back at your wedding day. I know it must be so so frustrating not being able to set a date, but believe me the time WILL come, and forever is a long time to regret not having the wedding you wanted.

For my part I think the Italian Job wedding sounds awesome, I'm already beginning to plan it a little bit in my head!!

x

MrsMay2011, Jul 7, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. iPrincess26

Helen

I agree with Mrs May, it depends on your reasons.

I do think it would be unique and pretty cool. How would your family and friends feel about it? Do you think you would regret not going with your original plans?

Re the sponsership, I would have thought people would be just as willing to sponser a honeymoon entry as they were a wedding and honeymoon entry as both make good stories.

Helen, Jul 7, 2011
  4. iPrincess26

muckypaws

Hey fabby idea, if as the others say, its cause you both love mini's etc ............... go for it :)

Wedding at the start then off you go on your run ..............its your day/event etc make it how you want it ............. says me who wanted to run off to Cuba and is now going to gretna to please Steve ...........but you get my drift ;) if thats what you both want

muckypaws, Jul 7, 2011
  5. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Well either way Mini's are going to play a part in our wedding, it is something we would both love to do but then it's not much of a honeymoon after (comment from OH) and we think the parents may get a bit peed off at not getting to see us married, will have a think and a chat about it at the weekend - think part of it is i'm getting frustrated at not having a date in sight (i have zero patients at the best of times!).

Thanks for your comments you have all given us some good points to consider.

Becky - Thanks for changing the title for me! :)

iPrincess26, Jul 7, 2011
  6. iPrincess26

MrsBrown

Would you be happy with a compromise? Get married on tour, but have a reception on return? Like Helen did?

Would you still go for the big dress? I think I remember you have found a dress you like (sorry if wrong), but things can change and you could have a different one/ style to suit. I could just imagine a knee length dress like Mrsbouchers, with all the mini's in the background.

I would agree with the others, pretty cool idea but you have to be sure you want it for the right reasons not becuase of money... but then again... sometimes we have to make compromises in life because of the things life throws at us. If the choice was getting married in a fun way, doing something I loved on a minimal budget or not getting married for 10years.. i know what I would choose! I would just make sure the important bits of what I wanted were included in that compromoise (if that makes sense!!)

MrsBrown, Jul 8, 2011
  7. iPrincess26

iPrincess26

Your right MrsBrown I had found a dress but think I would go for something a bit lighter if we were to go for it, we are a bit worried that parents would be a bit miffed if we took off and did it but they could always fly out for it. Things are a bit hectic at the moment trying to get the car and everything sorted for our trip to the Nurbergring in Germany in about 3 weeks! Eeek still so much to do, what I think we will do is get sorted for that and then sit and talk about it seriously and work out what we both really want from the wedding and if it would be possible to do it that way.

Will keep you all posted on our decision!

:)

iPrincess26, Jul 11, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question