Alternative To A Brides Bouquet........

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by MrsWalker2be, Jun 24, 2010.

1. MrsWalker2be

MrsWalker2be

:huh:Hello brides to be!!!

i was thinking today with my flowers for my big day.....................do i really want to carry flowers around with me all day? i love the thought of a big tear drop, but what do you think the alternative can be for them? :lol: :)

MrsWalker2be, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsWalker2be

poppleminster

Glad you mentioned this as I wondered the same. My first and worst idea was a big basket of marshmallows and haribo. After I stopped laughing and grew up a bit (terribly hard to do when you're me), I decided if I could find a little unnecesary bag cute and gorgeous and cringeworthingly expensive enough then that could be an option but i'm guessing i'll end up with flowers. I have also conidered a sword or a mace - roleplaying implements of doom! The idea of walking down the aisle with a mace makes me chuckle somewhat - gorgeous dress, high shoes and ... weapon of beating-husband-into-submision doom. (loud, evil cackle). :)

poppleminster, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsWalker2be

Mrs T2B (Kel)

I had the same issue .. particularly as I'm going for the supermarket sweep and higgly-piggly informal home made table arrangements...

so I bought a little bag.. but don't think I want to carry it anymore...

I also bought a hand held fan, and again, I might carry it, but might feel a muppet :)
    I considered a parasol.. still think I might buy one for photos..

finally I think I'll probably be hyperventilating so much that holding onto my dad with both hands is probably a better idea.

However I'm toying around with carrying just 2 roses.. and tying ribbons around each individually and when I get to the 'alter' giving 1 to my mum and just holding a single rose.. or maybe even putting it into H2Bs buttonhole ...

check out offbeat bride

alternatives to floral bouquets

also do a search on the site for bouquets and they have hints and tips on making 'non-floral' bouquets, like crystal bouquets, button bouquets etc.. some of them are gorgeous

Mrs T2B (Kel), Jun 24, 2010
  4. MrsWalker2be

poppleminster

ah ha! I am not the only bride that changes her mind often then? yaaaay to indecisiveness! I am down to just two dresses now having sold the brown one on ebay. I hadn't considered a fan... off to dribble over the offbeat bride site. Again.

poppleminster, Jun 24, 2010
  5. MrsWalker2be

Frogbitch

If we by any miracle win the world cup I may carry a football!

Frogbitch, Jun 24, 2010
  6. MrsWalker2be

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

LOL frogbitch thats such a cool idea :D!!!
    In my mag that I bought it said that Christina Aguilera carried a single red rose down the aisle! I have bought my flowers as am making them myself but think this is such a lovely & effective way of doing it & means you haven't got to carry a big bouquet around all day. Might have to just use my flowers for BM's & do this myself :).
    Or you could do what Gwen Stefani did & carry an antique bible instead xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 25, 2010
  7. MrsWalker2be

vhc

i want to carry flowers, but i don't do flowers, so i don't know what to do!

i could carry my music folder, which would be appropriate with the choir thing, but it might look a bit odd. plus it's large, so it would hide quite a lot of my dress.
    i will be holding onto my dad on one side, though, so i wonder if it's really necessary to carry anything at all....

vhc, Jun 25, 2010
  8. MrsWalker2be

Helen

I saw some quite cool felt bouquets although I suppose that is the same as carrying real flowers lol. Some of the button bouquets are fab for something a bit different. I thought about the fan/parasol ideas too.

I love the idea of a sword! Hahahahaha would be soooo much fun but my h2b would not be amused :lol: :)

I suppose you could use anything you liked, someone somewhere must have carried their pet dog or rabbit or something! Maybe a parrot on the shoulder?! :)

Is anyone having a horseshoe? I've also thought of decorating one of those with something like a few flowers or just painting it.

So many choices! How about a watering can for people with garden type themes?! Going to have to think about this a bit more :D

Helen, Jun 25, 2010
  9. MrsWalker2be

Mrsg2b2011 Guest

LOL Helen how funny that would be with a sword!! Can you imagine everyones faces!!!???!!! :) :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 25, 2010
  10. MrsWalker2be

FlowerCo

Hi Ladies,

I did a corsage for my sister in law, and as she had lost her Dad, I added a locket with a picture of him, so he walked with her down the aisle.

Here it is attached, if you need any ideas, give me a shout and I will see what I can come up with!
    Zoe x

Attached Files:

FlowerCo, Jul 5, 2010
  11. MrsWalker2be

vhc

aw, Zoe, that's so lovely, it's brought a tear to my eye.

vhc, Jul 7, 2010
  12. MrsWalker2be

jesslovesed

i have had some flowers made from silk and tulle from as lady in America (got them from Etsy) as i didn't want to have the flowers die - it seems like such a waste!

you can see the pictures in "my planning so far" i can add details if anyone is interested? x

jesslovesed, Jul 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question