Advice on collecting photos/videos from guests

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by D&B, May 22, 2018.

1. D&B

D&B

Hi all,

We're getting married at the weekend. It will be a pretty informal affair. We have opted for a photographer in the end but there won't be lots of formal shots.

We're really keen to try to get photos that guests take to help complete collection. Does any one have any advice or success with this?

I've created a dropbox to allow people without smartphones etc. to do it or do it afterwards from their cameras. There seem to be a lot of apps now but they all seem to have different pros and cons.

Some get rights to your photos (this is an absolute no no to me).

Looking for one which allows high quality photo download, ideally does video, and is as easy as possible for guests to use. I liked the look of Sam Said Yes as you don't have to go through a complex sign-up process as a guest. You do however have to download the app which is a minus and it doesn't seem to do video. Currently I think the front runner is Wedbox as there seems to be a way to upload via the web without the smartphone app, however the sign-up process is more involved for guests. However currently it seems the best option.

Any other suggestions. Did you have any success getting submissions from guests?

D&B

D&B, May 22, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. D&B

Becky Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

I'd go with dropbox personally, it's more versatile. Otherwise you're asking people to download something that they're unlikely to use again, which is likely to put them off doing it.

Best of luck for your wedding day! Hope you have a brilliant time :)

Becky, May 25, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question