Abc List: What's Yours?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by vhc, May 5, 2010.

1. vhc

vhc

I love the idea of ABC lists to make sure the guests know everything about the wedding!

I haven't made one because I have no idea where to start...

Could you all please post your own ABCs so I can steal some ideas?

thanks! x[​IMG]

vhc, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. vhc

MrsApplen2be

Oooh another thing ive never heard of what to they do? x

MrsApplen2be, May 5, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. vhc

Becky

I didn't know what they were either so I'm glad I'm not alone! [​IMG]

Becky, May 5, 2010
  4. vhc

vhc

Oh!
    I though everyone knew them.

I went onto YAYW and a couple of people posted theirs:

One example:

A is for Arron“ The handsome groom.
    B is for Bridesmaids & Best Man€“ Our beautiful Bridesmaids are Karen, Louise, Rayna and Rebecca. Arron’s best man will be Simon.
    C is for Ceremony & Confetti The civil ceremony will commence at xxxxxxxx at 1:00pm. Please arrive at 12:30pm to be seated. Beautiful, biodegradable Delphinium petal Confetti will be provided on the day; so need to bring your own.
    D is for Disco €“ The dancing will commence at 7:30pm.
    E is for Engagement - We will have been engaged for exactly 53 weeks on the day we marry, so we are looking forward to finally being Mr & Mrs Ashley.
    F is for Food €“ A choice of Canapes will be served between the Ceremony and the Wedding breakfast (this will be approximately 1 hour 45 minutes, to enable the photographer to work his magic). The Wedding Breakfast will commence at 3:15pm.
    G is for Gifts €“ Your presence will be present enough to us, but lots of people have asked about a gift list. Should you wish to give a gifts we have a gift list with Debenhams.
    H is for Honeymoon - We're going to Mauritius for two weeks of Luxury to recover from the stresses of the big day!!!
    I is for Invitation €“ You now have yours with an RSVP included. Please reply swiftly to enable us to confirm numbers.
    J is for Journey to the Wedding - A map is included with the invitation.
    K is for Kipping Over - Rooms are available at The xxxxxx if you would like to stay the night. To reserve your accommodation please let us know you intend to stay ASAP so we can arrange it with the hotel.
    L is for Love €“ Let's not forget the meaning of the day
    M is for Mother of the bride - without whom we'd never have organised such a perfect wedding.
    N is for Numbers €“ Unfortunately, due to limited numbers, we will not be able to invite children outside of the immediate families to the wedding or reception. We hope you understand and use the opportunity to let your hair down and have some fun for this special occasion.
    O is for Outfits €“ Posh frocks & smart suits will be fine. The venue does not allow denim.
    P is for Pageboys €“ Our Pageboys are Jake and Ashley.
    Q is for Quiet please €“ We kindly ask for mobile phones to be switched off during the ceremony and speeches.
    S is for Sarah €“ The blushing bride, who would like to thank everyone involved in this special day.
    T is for Taxi €“ You may find these numbers useful….
    U is for Ushers €“ Our ushers are Dave, Jay, Ross and Stan.
    V is for Vegetarian €“ If you have any special dietary requirements, please let us know.
    W is for Wine €“ Red and White wine will be served throughout the meal
    X is for x (kisses) €“ As in, "you may now kiss the bride"€ feel free to avert your gaze !!
    Y is for YOU €“ The guest, you are the most important part of our day and we can't wait to share our day with you all.
    Z is for Zzzzzzzzz - The evening reception will end at midnight, although the bar in the hotel will remain open for overnight guests only.

I think they're really called A-Z (but I couldn't remember that when I wrote the thread! [​IMG] )

Some people put them in with their invitations.
    I was going to do one for our website, but am totally stuck for ideas.

vhc, May 6, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question