A Wedding Report: Its Odd What Fate Throws At You

Discussion in 'Just Married - Wedding Reports' started by I'mAJones, May 4, 2010.

1. I'mAJones

I'mAJones

Once I was fastened in we noticed that the modesty panel had gone all crooked. Cue Vanessa doing a disappearing act under my dress and hoop:

Here's us almost ready to go and get the finishing touches. As you can see I had no idea what to do with my hands!

The hotel has the most stunning staircase so the photographer made really good use of it when I was on my way down stairs.

I was surprised to find a whole new group of people in the "hub" when I got downstairs, including my Great Aunt, another of my nieces and my brother. Here's Sarah putting
    my veil on:

I don't think I'll ever forget the look on people's faces when I was completely ready. Take a look at my niece's face in this photo!

I'mAJones, Jun 19, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. I'mAJones

I'mAJones

Part 3: Getting to the church
    Veil on we were ready to go. It felt kind of odd to be walking through our reception hotel all dressed up only to get in the car and go elsewhere to be married, but at the same time it was really nice as other guests were very complimentary and the wedding coordinator was also showing other engaged couples around. We eventually made our way outside where Vanessa "crowned" my Mum with her beautiful hat:

The bridesmaids got into their car with Bobbie still managing to look angelic. A
    long with my Mum, they left a good few minutes before we did.

This just left me and my Dad. Now, I expected the big talk from him when we were alone, you know the one ("are you sure you want to go through with this ?" etc.), but he said nothing! He was absolutely petrified and kept looking at his pocket watch in between photos.

He really struggled to smile in the car on the way there and it didn't help that the driver almost took us to the wrong church. I had to direct him because my Dad was talking far too fast and the driver was getting confused. Even with my Dad beginning to get stressy I remained completely calm. It still felt real but I had no idea what to expect. Here's me and Dad in the car

When we arrived at the church the Vicar, David, came to greet us. At this point we were 10 minutes late, kind of average I was told. David said he had prayed for good weather and it clearly worked because although it was cold the sun came out and shone all day. There wasn't one drop of rain. My Dad kind of lost it at this point and began to cry, all his emotion spilled over and David provided some words of wisdom and my Dad calmed down. There were a few people stood round watching as we made our way towards the church, including one of the parishioners who had just celebrated her golden wedding anniversary a few weeks before. She came along for moral support and we hoped that some of her good fortune would rub off on us.

When we got to the church door the vicar told us that there was a slight delay ... as my Mum had gone to the toilet! When my Mum goes to the toilet it normally takes a good ten minutes, but this time there were a few people who went ... including my MoH, and one of the readers! So, in the end we were actually 30 minutes late. B was getting more and more nervous as time went on, evidenced by this photo:

Poor boy! Meanwhile, outside the church we were having a good laugh at how late we were and I still felt calm and relaxed. I hadn't intended to wear my veil down but the wind blew it that way and whenever we tried to put it back the wind just blew it down again.

In the end I gave up, thinking that maybe it was just meant to be that way.

I'mAJones, Jun 20, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. I'mAJones

Frogbitch

It's such a shame I can't see the pics.

Frogbitch, Jun 20, 2010
  4. I'mAJones

I'mAJones

Part 4:The Ceremony

When David eventually said we were good to go I still had my calm head on but my Dad started to wobble again and in spite being told how to lead me down the aisle the night before he completely forgot. So, I had to show him what to do

As we entered the church door I felt very emotional for the first time and I was just about to start crying when I thought about how horrible my crying face is and how rubbish the photos would look and all of a sudden the feeling went. Instead I developed a huge grin that stayed for the entirety of the bridal march, the ceremony and after wards. I felt on top of the world knowing what I was about to do and actually loved the fact that I was the bride. I had to continue dragging Dad down the aisle.

On the day it felt as though our walk down the aisle was really quick. David had told Bobbie (who lead the bridal party into church) to walk very slowly and she did a great job because on the video the bridal march starts and it's ages before you can see any of us! I walked down the aisle trying to take in all the faces of the people who had come to share our special day with us, looking for specific people whilst grinning like the Cheshire cat.

At the front of the church B had been told that it was all go when he heard the bridal march, so given that he was already nervous as we were late it was no wonder that the emotion got the better of him. When I got to the top of the aisle this is the image the photographer captured:

Cue the vicar making a comment about the effect that I had on men, since my Dad, brother and B had been in tears already. I took B's hand and gave it a squeeze and he said "you look gorgeous" and we both said "I love you", which made the congregation laugh as B had a microphone on for the video but we didn't realise that it was being relayed through the church. Our guests heard everything we said to each other during hymns, the reading and signing the register. It was only after the ceremony that we found out.

After David had done his housekeeping speech and we sang our first hymn we went straight into the vows. I remember saying them deliberately whilst still smiling, only having eyes for the man who was about to become my hubby. The rest of the ceremony is a bit of a blur and seemed to go so quickly. We've only seen the highlights of our ceremony on the videographer's blog so can't wait to properly remember what happened. Here's some photos of the ceremony:

The view from the back of the church:

Me laughing because I half expected the best man to throw our rings on the floor as he had pretended to do at the rehearsal:

Exchanging the rings:

Our best man was sneakily snapped during the reading. He assures us that he wasn't actually asleep here:

Signing the register:

Leaving church as Mr and Mrs Jones:

To be continued!

I'mAJones, Jun 20, 2010
  5. I'mAJones

Becky

Pics are working fine for me - it looks fantastic!! You look so happy through it all! :eek:

You tell it so well too, can't wait to hear about the rest xxx

Becky, Jun 20, 2010
  6. I'mAJones

Frogbitch

They're back up!
    I LOVE the cake!!!!!!!!

That pic of the best man is a classic.

Frogbitch, Jun 20, 2010
  7. I'mAJones

ilovepink1984

Lovely, lovely, lovely!! It all looks so beautiful. Congratulations. Can't wait for the rest! xxx

ilovepink1984, Jun 20, 2010
  8. I'mAJones

Mrsg2b2011

I can't see the pics :) :blink: :D xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 20, 2010
  9. I'mAJones

MrsBoucher2B2012

[​IMG]waaaaaaaaa im missing out on the pics [​IMG]

sounds fab though[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 20, 2010
  10. I'mAJones

MrsApplen2be

Nope I cant see them. DEVASTATED! sounds fab though x

MrsApplen2be, Jun 20, 2010
  11. I'mAJones

I'mAJones

I've had another go at mending the broken links. For some reason Photobox keeps changing the location of the pictures. Fingers crossed they stay up for a while this time!

I'mAJones, Jun 20, 2010
  12. I'mAJones

MrsBoucher2B2012

nope they have gone again[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 21, 2010
  13. I'mAJones

Mrsg2b2011

They have gone again but I had this problem when I out my planning pics up. Some of the ladies advised me to use photobucket & so I did & uploaded them on there & haven't had aproblem since. Maybe give that a try hun xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 21, 2010
  14. I'mAJones

juliak

Please do, I really want to see the pics!!! I think maybe you are just teasing us, he he he!!!!
    I agree with Mrsg, try photobucket, PLEASE!!!!!

juliak, Jun 21, 2010
  15. I'mAJones

I'mAJones

Thanks ladies. I think maybe you guys are right and photobox is completely and utterly pants! I'll get them uploaded to photobucket tonight and re-add them, third time lucky eh?

I'mAJones, Jun 21, 2010
  16. I'mAJones

juliak

Yeah, i'm very excited!

juliak, Jun 21, 2010
  17. I'mAJones

I'mAJones

I think they should be working now. *Fingers crossed*

I'mAJones, Jun 21, 2010
  18. I'mAJones

juliak

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!!!
    Definitely worth the wait, love it ALL!!!
    Bugger, my bride envy is back, he he he!
    Did everything go as planned, is there any thing you would have changed or done differently? I'm only asking as you seemed to have everything covered and as you've now had your day I wonder if there is anything that you could warn/advise us about?
    Thank you for sharing your wonderful day with us!
    xxx

juliak, Jun 21, 2010
  19. I'mAJones

MrsBoucher2B2012

yay i can see them yay
    it all looks so amazing[​IMG]

MrsBoucher2B2012, Jun 21, 2010
  20. I'mAJones

MrsMay2011

Ahh, thats just made me actually cry, especially the bits where you and your hubby first met, and your dad getting all emotional.

Thank you so much for putting your photos up. Everything looks beautiful beautiful beautiful, especially the bride.

MrsMay2011, Jun 21, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question