A Very Well Explained Hen Night (Sorry)

Discussion in 'Stag and Hen Parties' started by MrsQuinn2b, Nov 29, 2011.

1. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Here goes ladies sorry for it being so long..........

Friday 18th November 2011,

Woke up very excited, got shouted at to be a bit shhhhh and go down stairs and be excited. Ermmm but excuse me H2B this is my day so back off a little :mellow: Made breakfast danced a bit and packed a few bits and bobs (im saying bits and bobs i think i took the whole house with me including the dog, i couldnt even shut the suitcase)

Went and picked up my maid of honour and got this fab cake off her. She put so much effort into it bless her. Ended up being about 10.30am leaving for liverpool at 11am and realising i needed to go to the metro centre to buy a top that i should have bought about 3 weeks ago! Headed off for the shops should only take 20minutes at the most, but got stuck up in a very bad crash on A1. Managed to escape that after being stuck for over 45 minutes. Not a very good start to the hen weekend to be honest. Got back home very stressed at this point had everyone waiting for me, so we all dashed around and boarded the bus to start the journey.

Half way down to liverpool the girls thought it would be a good idea to play bingo (of all games to play it was BINGO!!) So i ended up losing and they pulled the shots out on me and Jelly vodka shots, we ended up ditching Bingo and just all had shots (a quick stop at morrisons to purchase more alcoholic shots done the trick) I dont think i will have another apple sourz for a very long time!!

Got to Liverpool in our Posh Pad apartments and wow the apartment was absolutely fantastic. Would really recommend them for a weekend away. So we ended up crashing in one aparment had a few drinks and a few drinking games for those who could take it and then went on the search for tea, ended up with a KFC and then we were all ready to go for a drunken evening. Ended up in some little old man's bar which we were to loud for so we left in search for some more lively bars. Didnt have a clue where we were heading but ended up in some good bars and had a little boogie with all the girls. Wasnt to keen on all the people trying to get you into the bars, felt like i was on holiday but them giving us free shots worked nicely. :)
    Ended up finsishing the night with a bit Karaoke in one of the Gay bars and had the most fun in that last hour then i did have all night. I think i must of got my head on to the pillow for a test of the bed and woke up at 9am not having a clue where i was or who i was. Eye lashes stuck to my cheeks, make-up down my face, fully dressed, even had my shoes on, with knickers over my eyes????? :unsure: (Yes they were clean ;) )

Attached Files:

MrsQuinn2b, Nov 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Saturday 19th November 2011

Started the day a bit worse for wear so we all headed out for a nice full english breakfast to try and mend our broken heads and dry mouths!

After having a rather interesting morning and breakfast, we decided to go shopping. And out of all places where did we end up PRIMARK!! We only wanted to go in and have a look at there 5 floor store, and what a disaster. NEVER ENTER liverpool primark with a hangover. It was so busy i didnt know if i was coming or going with all the people shoving past me for the sale rack, buggies bashing into my ankle, little old dears pushing you out the way as they have seen a real bargain. I had to leave ASAP! Serioulsly get me out of there.

We had to be back to our apartment for 1pm as we were having a Pamper afternoon. So the girls arrived and set up and everyone started going into the room looking worse for wear and 50 minutes later coming out either all beautiful or even worse for wear after having had a back massages or indian head massages and were a little more relaxed. i had my lashes done and then went for the hot stone massage. Oh my word it was wonderful BUT as i went to get off the bed ouch pain ripped through the bottom of my back and i couldnt move. The girl then told me i had been so tense she gave me a deep tissue massage and it was my body going into relaxation mode. So after 3 hours i was still in agony and started to wonder how on earth i would manage the night ahead of me. Well the tricks of alcohol come out of the fridge and yet more shots later i was fine and ready to go. Had a brillant afternoon, ribs ached with laughing so hard, made some poor man walk into a lampost as he was too busy watching us do erm things at the windows (as we were on main street)

Well the girl tacked me up with fluffy fairy wings, L plates, tiara with veil, sashes, badges. There was no point in me buying my pretty new dress as you couldnt see any of it, so stripped off all the things and left a sashe on with my princess tiara oh and a whole lot of fluff around my neck, which i later lost!. We headed out for a nice meal at Whats Cooking on the Albert docks and had a really fab night, by this time it was 10pm and we were ready to hit the bars and have a really fab last night, well by 11pm the bars were reallly quiet on the docks so we ended up going to a little shop buying lots an lots of alcohol and going back to the apartment to have some fun. 3am come and everyone was rather merry and we all needed food, we walked the streets of Liverpool in our pj's looking for food. Success at a rather odd looking burger van and we were all happy ladies. Thats all i can remember but woke up in bed at 9am with my bridesmaid next to me.

Sunday 20th November

HANGOVER day!!!!!! Home we go back to a rather foggy Newcastle.

Well sorry for the lenght of this post but i think you all get that i had a really fab time and would certainly do it all over again. :D

Attached Files:

MrsQuinn2b, Nov 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsQuinn2b

MrsC2Be

Excellent, sounds like they sorted you out with a brill hen do! Liverpool is a great night out, but does take a bit of planning to make sure you end up in the best spots. We went for my friends hen do last year and had a great time, but it was strategically planned down to the minute by her BM!

Know what you mean about people pulling you into bars - usually the "free shot" thing is a lie, or is lemonade. Dirty sneaks!

Glad you had a good time though, sounds like that apartment was a brilliant idea, especially for the pamper bit! :D x

MrsC2Be, Nov 29, 2011
  4. MrsQuinn2b

MrsBrown

Sounds like a fab time!! I had my hen night in Liverpool too, though we didnt stay. The apartment sounds a fab idea.. mixture of being out and about and good times at home!

MrsBrown, Nov 29, 2011
  5. MrsQuinn2b

Becky

Sounds brilliant, I'm glad you had a good time! :D

I won't ask what you did to make that man walk into a lampost...!! :lol:

Becky, Nov 29, 2011
  6. MrsQuinn2b

Becky

P.S. That cake looks amazing!!

Becky, Nov 29, 2011
  7. MrsQuinn2b

MrsMay2011

Lol at the cake, it's brill, glad you enjoyed yourself in my home town :) xxx

MrsMay2011, Nov 29, 2011
  8. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

Im sure you can imagine what was going on at that window Becky, im glad i wasnt part of it just little old me in the back ground laughing so hard i fell off my chair. :lol:

Had some unexplained lumps, bumps, bruises and scratches when i got home. Always the best nights though.

MrsC2b yip i think i may have been Souz with about a ton of water added to it, was pretty yuk, although as i was Bride To Be i did end up hvaing a few free Sambuca's Yakkkkk.

They tried very hard with my cake haha!!

Would def do it all over again, but maybe plan the evenings a little better :)

MrsQuinn2b, Nov 30, 2011
  9. MrsQuinn2b

iPrincess26

Sounds like you had a fab time! Love the spa coming to you, although I hope your back has recovered now, that didn't sound too good. Love the cake as well what lovely friends to go to so much effort.

Have you managed to recover yet? Don't envy the trip to the Metro at this time of year, ( I used to live in Gateshead) I would always try and avoid the place after Oct half term!

iPrincess26, Nov 30, 2011
  10. MrsQuinn2b

MrsQuinn2b

I went to Metro at weekend and it took us 50 minutes to find a parking space. Nightmare isnt the word. Braving it again tonight so my Mam can pick her dress up for my Wedding so fingers crossed it doesnt take us too long to find a space.

Yeah fully recovered now although it did take me about a week to fully feel myself again! The pamper day was lovely, it was included in the package we got for the weekend. Got a fab deal :)

Yeah my back is better now, i dont feel so tense anymore so i think it was worth the pain.

MrsQuinn2b, Nov 30, 2011
  11. MrsQuinn2b

Becky

That's great about the pampering being included in the hen weekend deal! Sounds like it was very much needed!

I wish you luck for the Metro Centre tonight. It feels a bit like a weekend today what with the strikes and kids off school, so I hope it isn't too busy for you! I think your idea of going in the evening is good - hopefully it will have quietened down.

Becky, Nov 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question