A Slice Of History?

Discussion in 'Planning your Wedding' started by poppleminster, Feb 8, 2011.

1. poppleminster

poppleminster

I am officially a nerd. As such I am considering painting some MDF plaques in a cream crackleglaze effect and making history boards so that people can see the inspiration behind the things at our reception. Is this vanity to the extreme or a good idea?

As we are using a small granite village hall, I have free reign over the decor and I like the idea of plaques saying why we've chosen to have vintage games, the history behind my Victorian cake stand and other such stuff that will be overlooked as quirky or cute but never explained.

I am baking vintage style cakes - english madelaines etc which you cannot get anywhere nowadays so might have the recipe printed out somewhere and lots of Enid Blyton quotes as her books were the inspiration for the entire village hall set up and the ginger beer of course!

I could print the words onto ivory paper, mount onto the crackle glazed boards and varnish them over. As I still don't have a date, I have plenty of time to do this! I'm thinking of it as a kind of inspiration blog but incorporated into the wedding itself. Not on everything, just some of the more quirky things.

This is really vain isn't it? I just want people to know how much effort is going into all the decor and details. I am nosey so when I go to weddings, I often wonder the reasoning behind the decisions made :D

poppleminster, Feb 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. poppleminster

iPrincess26

Popple I think that is a fantastic idea! it's not vain, but a way of making the day even more special as people can understand just what has gone into the day and why! Also we need pics and i'm sure you will have to do a test batch of all those cakes!!! x

iPrincess26, Feb 8, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. poppleminster

Helen

I would enjoy reading them so I say go for it :D

Helen, Feb 8, 2011
  4. poppleminster

Anon_SA

Not vain - absolutely wonderful!! If you've got the time, go for it!

Anon_SA, Feb 8, 2011
  5. poppleminster

Becky Administrator

I really like it - go for it! :D

Becky, Feb 9, 2011
  6. poppleminster

MrsC2Be

I love this idea, it will make people realise how much thought you've put into everything and explain it all :) do it :)

MrsC2Be, Feb 9, 2011
  7. poppleminster

poppleminster

I will be busy for the next few weekends. Got the MDF now and off to buy the paint tomorrow :)

poppleminster, Feb 9, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question