A Little Advice Please Ladies.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy, Babies and Children' started by Gemz2702, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Gemz2702

Gemz2702

I've been um-ing and ah-ing over whether to write this on here or not, as I have a habit of reading a little too much into things; but I figure you girls aren't here to judge any way and I really don't want to talk to anyone I know about this!

i've been getting various pregnancy symptoms for a few weeks now which all started when my AF was completely different from the norm (it was almost like it had skipped the main parts and gone to the last few days, if you know what I mean?) which never happens. I've been feeling light headed and almost spaced out in a dizzy kind of way (am i making any sense to anyone? lol) and then there's the usual tiredness, sicky, headachey, bloated, achey tummy feeling too. I did miss a pill last month (normally I would use another method of contraception, but I only realised I didn't have my pill with me after the "event") However, I have also just stopped taking the pill for reasons I won't bore you with now, so I'm thinking the symptoms I'm describing are just my body getting used to the changes, But then My weird AF was when I was still taking the pill as normal? God I'm confused!!

The problem is that I'm going on a school residential trip next week with my year 6s and each of us TAs has to fill out a medical form with the usual questions and One about being pregnant in case of an emergency and ending up in hospital type senarios! I havent missed an AF yet and it's not due for another 2 weeks so can't take a test, but at the same time I don't want to go and not know! Also I'm arranging a last minute holiday abroad with the girls and I have heard you cant fly before 12 weeks!?

I don't really know what advise I'm really looking for, I think I just wanted to tell someone how I'm feeling. I'm not planning on getting pregnant and It's definately not the best time as we both still live with our parents and my contract at work ends in 4 weeks, so this isn't a "please tell me I am pregnant post". But at the same time I would be happy if I was?

Sorry if I have made no sense, I've never been one with the words!

Gemz2702, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. Gemz2702

Mrsg2b2011

Mmm this is tricky. It could be just symptoms of the pill coming out of your body its so hard to know how! However if your last period wasn't a proper one I would take a test anyway just to be sure. If the 'event' was before your last show then do it. If it was after then yes you won't be able to take a test until you are next due. Having said that your most fertile time is in between your periods (so about now) but I know this isn't always the case for everyone as everyone is different thats just what the text books say!!! Hope I am making sense.

If the test is negative but you are still unsure until your next period I would put this on the form. Put that you are unsure if you are pregnant or not. That way god forbid but if you were hospitalised for any reason the hospital will know to check.

As for the flying. I looked into this as we were going to start trying for our son when we were away so wanted to check it would be ok when flying home etc. Basically I was told it would be fine. The tests they carried out were on air hostess' who make several long haul flights several times a year. However if you are concerned I would speak to your GP.
    Also if you are pregnant make sure the travel insurance you get covers your first trimester of pregnancy. I know some don't but don't tell you that they don't cover you. I used to work for the Post Office & as much as I hated the place in the end I know their travel insurance does cover the 1st 3 months of pregnancy.

Hope this helps & makes sense xxx

Mrsg2b2011, Jun 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. Gemz2702

Becky

Hmmm that's a difficult one! I don't have kids so couldn't comment on the symptoms bit. On your form could you just put 'possibly' where it asks if you are pregnant?

Becky, Jun 24, 2010
  4. Gemz2702

Gemz2702

Thanks for the replies ladies! I don't want to put it on the form because even tho it says confidential I know nosy people will read it! I will take a test and see what happens! Thanks for the info about flying mrsg2b, I've been stalling them from trying to book anything! x

Gemz2702, Jun 24, 2010
  5. Gemz2702

juliak

Hi Gemz, i'm probably not going to be any help but I think you should take a test anyway! If it comes up negative but you're still not sure I think that you should put possibly on the form, I appreciate that you're concerned about nosy buggers but screw them, they can think what they want and like Mrsg said, if there did end up being a problem (God forbid and I'm sure there won't be) the hospital can either check or at least be aware that there's a possibility of you being pregnant.
    Please let us know how you get on hon. I know it's difficult but I don't think there's ever a 'best' time, even when planned (in the nicest possible way), and whatever life throws at you, you'll cope very well!
    Love, hugs and thinking of you xxx

juliak, Jun 24, 2010
  6. Gemz2702

poppleminster

ok. Soooo we have annoyingly wierd bodies that do things when we really wih they'd rather not! There could be many causes of the things that are making you feel pregnant. One of which is pregnancy. It's also, statistically, the least likely given that you only missed one pill. However, the pill is 99% effective meaning one person in every hundred will get pregnant anyway.

By this time i'm guesing you'll have done a test, if not then please don't be scared. You can do the test before your AF, they are so darned clever nowadays that they can be done at any time. The feelings you have are entirely normal for the situation. There never is a right time to be pregnant. You can wait until you have your house sorted, more money, won the lottery etc and then find that it's too late. You can try and it not happen for years or you can fall instantly. It's something that just fits in around your life, I can't explain that well but it does and no matter how scary it seems, it's also wonderful and if you are pregnant, you'll be fine no matter where you live :)

I don't know about the flying part but for the form for next week, i'd nip into a shop, grab a test and check. If you are pregnant - we all expect to be honoury Aunties and if you're not then I hope the symptoms go away soon!

Big huggly xxx

poppleminster, Jun 24, 2010
  7. Gemz2702

ilovepink1984

Hi hun - sorry you are feeling so confused! They do sound like pregnancy symptoms but equally they could also be the symptoms of coming off the pill - why do womens bodies have to be so complicated?! I can't add much to the above really but I think its wise to put 'possibly' on your form in case of an unlikely emergency as its best to be safe then sorry. Also, I would take a test now to ease your mind and them take another one in a couple of weeks if your period doesn't come in case the pregnancy hormone isn't showing yet. I don't want to worry you, and it VERY statistically low, but I fell pregnant whilst I was on the pill and didn't find out until I was 20 weeks as I was still having monthly periods, had no bump, symptoms etc etc. Its very rre but not imposible, so wise to do a test I think.

Congratulations if you are pregnant, even if not expected. The ladies above are right, theres never really a right time for a baby, even when planned but its the best job in the world. I love being a mum and adore my two little angels/monsters!! My 2nd, Alfie, was planned and I fell pregnant in a week after expecting it to take a while and Evie was only 18months. Even tho he was planned I started to panic when I fell so quickly - how would I cope with 2, would I love him as much, would we cope financially etc etc!! But all is fine, hes adorable, we are fine, Evie was a star etc etc. Popple is right - we all want to be aunties!

ilovepink1984, Jun 25, 2010
  8. Gemz2702

Gemz2702

Thank you so much for your support ladies, I really do appreciate it. I did a test and its come bk negative, I am going to wait it out a few more weeks and see if my af appears and hopefully the symptoms dissapear! I will keep u posted anyway and u can definately all be honourary aunties if I am! Thanks again for all your lovely replies! Xx

Gemz2702, Jun 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question