A Bit Of Beauty Advice Needed

Discussion in 'Wedding Fashion' started by MrsGroves2B, Jun 11, 2013.

1. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

Hi ladies.

I wonder if anyone has had a similar issue (its a little sensitive so I hope this doesn't offend, I'm just after something to help me).

I have got a stretch mark issue, and mine is around the tops of my arms and bottom of my stomach. The stomach I'm not worried about for the wedding day obviously, but as I'm wearing a sleeveless dress I'm conscious of the ones on my arms.

I am after a product that will eliminate them and make them less prominent for the day. I know bio-oil is a good thing, but want a cheaper alternative if possible. Something that I can use on the stomach as well.

Any advice?

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 11, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. MrsGroves2B

Becky Administrator

Bio Oil is great, and whilst it is expensive it does work well and lasts a long time as you only need a little bit. I've been using it on a surgery scar and it has done wonders! I only bought a tiny bottle and I haven't even used half of it in 3 months.

Unfortunately, as good as Bio Oil is, it can take months to take effect :( If you are looking for instant results then the only option I know of would be concealing make up, but that could come off. If you are really bothered by the stretch marks you could always wear a bolero or wrap? I doubt anyone would even notice them though!

Becky, Jun 12, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I'm not that fussed, I'll have a long veil so in church they wont be noticed, and by the time of the reception I think people will be that engrossed in the food and dancing to notice, then it will get dark.

I'm reluctant to put concealer on as my dress is hired. They don't mind marks on them as they clean them, but make up is another thing. Its something to possibly consider for the honeymoon though.

Thank you Becky!

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jun 12, 2013
  4. MrsGroves2B

nikster1987

I have a problem with the same issue as well as a small scar and my TB injection scar (which is quite large)

I was considering using bio-oil but like you both have said, its really expensive. I've heard normal moisturiser helps, but again takes a long time to work.

I'm sure noone will notice, so try not to worry. Don't need to be stressed this close to your wedding!

nikster1987, Jun 14, 2013
  5. MrsGroves2B

iPrincess26

You could try Lavender oil, I don't know about existing things or stretch marks but it works wonders on burns and can reduce the scar from those to the point where they disappear - I have used it many a time (it's a staple in my kitchen, I love cooking/baking but I am notorious at burning/cutting myself and many other accidents - i shouldn't be allowed near a kitchen really!).

iPrincess26, Jun 14, 2013
  6. MrsGroves2B

martinnat9

Rosehip oil is meant to be fantastic! It isn't expensive but probably takes a couple of months to see really good benefits. How long till the wedding?

martinnat9, Jul 5, 2013
  7. MrsGroves2B

MrsDay2Be

I use the palmers cocoa butter oil on my stretch marks and scars, seems to be working. Ultimately no-one will be paying the slightest attention to these little blemishes - you will look so radiant on the big day that will be the only thing they notice

xxxx

MrsDay2Be, Jul 10, 2013
  8. MrsGroves2B

MrsGroves2B

I didn't bother with anything in the end, and they weren't noticeable either, which was a bonus! Even my back, which is prone to spots was fine too! I was really impressed!

The wedding was 2 weeks ago

xx

MrsGroves2B, Jul 13, 2013
    EllieBaker likes this.
  9. MrsGroves2B

jas1978

Glad it was all fine x

jas1978, Aug 15, 2014
  10. MrsGroves2B

EllieBaker

Congrats, glad it went well! People were probably focused on your dress, and all the ways you looked great, to notice something so minor as this anyways/

EllieBaker, Apr 27, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question