50 Shades...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Helen, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Helen

Helen

So who has read these?

I love books and reading, my well meaning husband bought me these for my birthday. There has been so much hype about them I am not really sure what I was expecting.

I thought they were awful! Is it only me who hates the two main characters? What did you think?

Helen, Jan 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Helen

iPrincess26

I haven't read the full books, but from the excerpts I have read I'm with you Helen - I love reading but I'm not certain you could call what is in those writing!

iPrincess26, Jan 30, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Helen

Helen

I read quite a bit, and I am partial to what I like to call cheap (badly written!) fiction if it is a bit fun and light hearted.

This though, I just want to give her a slap and tell her to get some self respect and him, well, he just wants to stop being such a (excuse the language) *beep*!

Loads of people love them though, I thought it was me that just didn't get why?

Helen, Jan 30, 2013
  4. Helen

Becky Administrator

I've not read them either - I'm always sceptical of books that are over hyped! Same as you, I've heard they are badly written. Can't see myself picking them up any time soon!

Becky, Feb 4, 2013
  5. Helen

Frogbitch

I don't like to read, but from what I've heard these books are awful!!

Frogbitch, Feb 7, 2013
  6. Helen

MrsGroves2B

I read them all, weren't that impressed I have to say, but after paying for them on my Kindle as I heard they were really good I thought I'm going to read them, not wasting money on downloading them and not read them!

After reading them all I found the first one ok, but thought he was a fruit loop, and honestly, once you read one sex scene you'd read them all! The second one was rubbish! Drove me mad and took ages to read, but I did enjoy the third one as he got better in it. To me it was less about the sex and more about them as a couple, which made it better.

In all of them I enjoyed the story behind all the sex as the books developed. Once you got into the story line it was fine.

MrsGroves2B, Apr 22, 2013
  7. Helen

nikster1987

I've read them. I was recommended them by a friend and decided to give them a try. Didn't think I would like them, but I did. Read each one in a day. I agree with Becky, the second book wasn't as good as the other two though.

nikster1987, Apr 29, 2013
  8. Helen

Helen

I disliked the main characters, I can't think of any books I have enjoyed where I didn't like the main characters, so these fall books fall in to my don't like category!

Helen, Apr 30, 2013
  9. Helen

HEPPY1990

I would rather read some harry potter! :)

HEPPY1990, Jun 23, 2013
  10. Helen

Suzi83

I love to read but from what friends who've read them say about the 50 shades books, I won't be rushing out to buy them any time soon. I did read one that was similar and like you, I hated the two main characters, particularly as the man seemed very manipulative in my view.

Suzi83, Aug 26, 2013
  11. Helen

Joanna111

I haven't read them but I think having heard all about them, I too would rather read some harry potter.

Joanna111, Oct 3, 2013
  12. Helen

MrsGroves2B

I still laugh at a conversation about these books to a vicar- she said abut all the sex that she'd rather have a bacon sandwich! Hehe! xx

MrsGroves2B, Oct 3, 2013
  13. Helen

jesspett

They're fun to read at first. But it's just the same thing over and over and over again! It is quite poorly written.. I found it hard to relate to the characters also.. I'd stick with Harry Potter any day.

jesspett, Jan 16, 2014
  14. Helen

annah

I have read them, and indeed it is awful, It's just too much.

annah, Oct 11, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question